O2 sensor question

Tractor

I am working on a `97 Kia Sefia for a family member. I got the OBD-II codes read and it said

that the 2nd O2 sensor had failed to send a signal. It also said that a cylinder is misfiring.

Anyone know the readings I should get if I meter the O2 sensor? Anyone know a way I can trick it into working. I'm mostly asking because this car is a total POS and the parts for it are in the hundreds everytime you need anything. It also has many exhaust leaks. Would this be the cause of the O2 error poping up? I'm no expert at OBD-II cars and troubleshooting them. I'm not buying a manual for this thing since I hope I can talk the owner into selling it ASAP.

Evan

I looked around, but didn't come up with anything good yet. I'll keep looking. I did just notice today that the sensor looks just like the one on my wifes toyota corolla. At least it has the same number and color of wiring coming from it.

Evan

The universal sensors will work, you will just have to keep the connector on your car and use wire connectors. Most of the heated sensors are in the $40 range. Those toyota sensors are pretty expensive and you can usually only find them at the dealer.

On ODBII cars secondary lambda will not cause DTCs related to misfres. The O2 after the catalyst is for emission / feedback. A primary lambda flaking out will cause misfires, however..

If the car is the 1.8L, price is 70$ for OEM Denso, If the 1.6 the price is 121$ OEM.

You can also buy a universal type and splice it in.

Got the prices from,

www.oxygensensors.com

To make your own O2 sim,

http://www.bobblick.com/techref/projects/o2sensor/o2sim/o2sim.html

HTH

Nate

Looks like I found the misfiring problem with the Kia. It is the #1 fuel injector. Anyone know how many cars share the same type. I looked it up on advanceautoparts and its around $300. This is a junker thats going to be sold so I'd rather get it at U-wrench it.

Evan