Amp/Subs in 97 taurus?

Browning

You can splice off the rear speaker wires to the amp... but then you'll need a frequency reducer. One that has an adjustment knob. It still won't be as good as units with audio outputs for subs but it works.

You can then use the radio fuse as the connection for the remote wire for the amp. So when the car/radio turns on/off the amp will turn on/off.

Mr. 2's pretty much right. I think you'll need to make sure your of the type of input of your amp. If its RCA's like move good amps then you'll need to get a 150,000 ohm adapter to convert line level to RCA's. If its got connectors for line level inputs (ie little screws to hold the input wires on in a block) then you can run it directly off the rear speaker wires without the adapter.

Evan

Then you can run them off your rear speakers yes. And if your speaker wires are accesable from the trunk like most cars then it would make it really easy.

I haven't seen those types of amps for cars though. But, I haven't looked for them either. I have units that use the RCA type plugs so that's what I get.

My old 1200watt gold series pyramid amps used to have both types of connectors. I'm sure that most name brands don't have anything except RCA's, but the cheapies will. Don't laugh at the pyramids either. those amps got me more trophies than most people have seen.

Evan

• 2 weeks later...