Urgent DSM help needed

Guest Harris92

Guest Harris92

Well we finally figured our proublem down to the fuel pump, so off course we go and buy the walbaro 255, and get real excited to see the car run...Then we took the fuel trap door off, and OMG theres a lot of rust. So we tried to take the bolt off holding the fuel pump onto the tank, they just distagrated (sp). And the fuel line is rust ridden as well, but we havent test those waters to watch is fall apart yet. So anyway heres the question.

If we cut the heads of the bolts off, and get the pump out how can we get the fuel pump secured down safely again??? Is there a gasket that we can put on that has the studs on it or what, cause there is no other option, we have to drill or cut those nuts off to get the pump out. ( i can deal with the fuel line later )

ANY help would be very appreciated! just not sure what to do

:(

Almost positive that it has to be an awd tank. (if your car is awd) Good luck finding one, I had a terrible time. And be very careful with that fuel line, mitsu wanted like $400 for it when I broke mine.

Originally posted by BVick:

Almost positive that it has to be an awd tank. (if your car is awd) Good luck finding one, I had a terrible time. And be very careful with that fuel line, mitsu wanted like $400 for it when I broke mine.

There are plenty of AWD dsms being parted out. Ill ask a kid if he has anything for you.

You could do a full stevetek mod of the entire fuel line system for about $200.

Guest Harris92
I called some junk yards, and I found a first gen awd gas tank a bit outside of town. He wanted 75 dollars for it without the fuel pump or the fuel pump door. This seemed a bit high to me, but am I wrong?

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

There are plenty of AWD dsms being parted out.

I was just saying I had an awful time trying to find one. Maybe I was just not looking in the right places. I honestly hope he does not have the same problem. Driving around with a broken fuel line sucked, and I would not wish that gas milege onto anyone. smile.gif

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by B:

I was thinking enlarge the holes, on the tank slightly and then on the fuel pump door, that way we wouldnt have to get a new fuel tank ect... Think it could work? or is that a bad idea?

This seems like it would just be a temporary fix until the rust worsens. Don't do it.