Vbb on hold for now

lemosley01

Me either, but the server Admin who set it up would know.

It's got a 40GB HD in it, so maybe we can increase the /var size or just create another partition for it.

Once I physically get into the server, I have two 18GB SCSI drives going in. Once will be dedicated to /var.

For you Unix people, the /var partition on the server is only 19MB. Within a matter of minutes, Vbb is filling it up to 100% with SQL entries, especially into the /tmp directory when trying to import everything from the current board.

That being said, I'm not sure at this moment how to resolve the issue. Once it's installed, we'll have to deal with the issue of the Vbb board filling up /var and causing an issue. I have to wait until at least Monday before I can contact the person helping me with the server and see if the partition size can be increased substantially.

If anyone has an idea on how to do this, lemme know. We're running FreeBSD.

For those not technically able to make sense of the above, it means Vbb is filling up required space too fast and causing errors. We'll have to wait until we can make the space bigger.

Thanks for your patience.

For those not technically able to make sense of the above, it means Vbb is filling up required space too fast and causing errors. We'll have to wait until we can make the space bigger.
To break it down even further... "the square peg won't fit into the round hole..."

:D

check this out.

If you got 35 gigs aval in say /home (Common)

shutdown mysql/postgrest

mv the data bases out of /var/dirname to /home/dirname

then goto /var

ln -s /home/dirname ./dirname

how the partion home hold the database put the program don't know the diffrentce.

I've done this with Mysql/Postgres before Oracle is a diffrent monster. but we have a frew dba's on here.

Guest Removed
Originally posted by NoRodStang:

check this out.

If you got 35 gigs aval in say /home (Common)

shutdown mysql/postgrest

mv the data bases out of /var/dirname to /home/dirname

then goto /var

ln -s /home/dirname ./dirname

how the partion home hold the database put the program don't know the diffrentce.

I've done this with Mysql/Postgres before Oracle is a diffrent monster. but we have a frew dba's on here.

graemlins/wtf.gif

• 11 months later...