Lan Party **Nov 6th** Read first post.

Guest 00Smurf

Guest 00Smurf

Just seeing if there is any interest in organizing a cr lan party?

Update

Date: is November 6th

Time: 9pm

Place: Stillman's (satan) place

bring all of your computer shit and games

please, bring headphones and not speakers

big monitors are fine

tables will probably be needed, maybe fold up ones?

we have a lot of space

make sure you bring a network cable

one 24-port 10/100 switch upstairs, and one downstairs

we'll play until we can't stay awake any longer

server will be 2400 athlon with 1gb dual-channel ddr3200 ram

any lag will be your own computer's fault [big Grin]

if you don't have halo or unreal tourny 2k4, we'll have "demo" versions for you to use, that includes CS Source as well as any other games.

Also if anyone can bring some tables let me know in here so i can make a list of who is bringing what.

THE LIST

1. Nic (00Smurf)

2. Ben (Satan)

3. (mesteno)

4. Terron (veritas)*?*?*?

5. Jason (240sxdriver09)

6. Pakie (Old School Accy)

7. DJ (Orion)

8. Greg (gergwheel)

9. Brandon (Bdubs)

10. Emily (Murasaki)

11. Shawn (Speci@lized)

[ 22. October 2004, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: 00Smurf ]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been done before, so it's definately a possibility

do you have a place to do it? If I had more tables here, it would be a possibility, but my space is somewhat limited.

Also, what games to do you play? We've played almost nothing but Halo

Guest 00Smurf
Originally posted by copperhead:

It's been done before, so it's definately a possibility

do you have a place to do it? If I had more tables here, it would be a possibility, but my space is somewhat limited.

Also, what games to do you play? We've played almost nothing but Halo

No place that i own personally, BUt i figured someone on here has to have a place big enough.

as for games: Enemy Territory, Counterstrike: Source, C&C Generals (undefeated), Doom 3, Far Cry, Starwars Battlefront, bf1942. Never played halo, tried quake it was so/so. There are a ton of games so i'm sure we coudl get a variety of gaming in.

source is on steam yes, but it's like the graphics engine and everything just completely revamped. if i can find a hacked version ill try to give you a link so you can check it out, to play on steam you still need to purchase it tho but it's only 50 and you get cs: source and half life 2 when it comes out. Love cs.

go check out cs-nation to look at some of the source screen shots. shit makes you wanna drop it like it's hawt.

Guest 00Smurf
Originally posted by The DropTop:

we've got a table that would fit maybe 2 comps and a wireless router, but i doubt that would be enough room.

lol, that's 2 people taken care of but i think we need a bit more room than that.

i'll have to talk to my roommates, but we have plenty of space. halo and unreal tourny are my games of choice. we have tons of room, and as we all know i can definitely handle the network side of it. the server will be a independent server, not someone playing the game and hosting. that shit sucks. i have enough network access for around 45 people (seriously doubt we'll have that many). get a list together of who all is interested and i'll put this shit together.

Guest 00Smurf
Originally posted by satan:

i'll have to talk to my roommates, but we have plenty of space. halo and unreal tourny are my games of choice. we have tons of room, and as we all know i can definitely handle the network side of it. the server will be a independent server, not someone playing the game and hosting. that shit sucks. i have enough network access for around 45 people (seriously doubt we'll have that many). get a list together of who all is interested and i'll put this shit together.

awesome sounds liek thats the place to do it. Just need to decide on a date. And make a confirmation list. If your intrested and wanna attned please post a reply that you would liek to attend.

Depends on what games, and how many ppl show up. I might go to this one, cause there is another one that has about 15-20 ppl on that same saturday.

I am allways up for some ut04,desert combat,bf 1942,halo.

will need some extra room cause all i have is a 21inch moniter

sounds fun but I don't have a computer capable of playing any games right now smile.gif I do have enough space for a ton of people to play with enough power & network ports, it's just real messy right now so i'd need some help cleaning it up and setting up tables, etc. So if nobody can find a space we can probaly do it here but it's not a 'ready' space. And of course I won't be able to play unless someone has a decent spare machine. I have tons and tons of old computer parts but nothing new enough to play :/

confirmed. my roommate said he didn't give a shit and is down for playing some halo and unreal.

Nov 6th

say meet up around 9p?

bring all of your computer shit and games

please, bring headphones and not speakers

big monitors are fine

tables will probably be needed, maybe fold up ones?

we have a lot of space

make sure you bring a network cable

one 24-port 10/100 switch upstairs, and one downstairs

we'll play until we can't stay awake any longer

server will be 2400 athlon with 1gb dual-channel ddr3200 ram

any lag will be your own computer's fault :D

if you don't have halo or unreal tourny 2k4, we'll have "demo" versions for you to use