Poker this Sunday?

Dr. Pomade

Who's interested in playing poker this Sunday afternoon at my place? We could do either a tournament or a cash game (or both), depending on the amount of players.

Buy in, for a tournament, should be around $25 - nothing outrageous.

We could meet around 1:00 or 2:00 - that way, we're not playing into the wee hours of night, and we're not sacrificing our Friday night or Saturday to get together.

Not sure what the level of interest will be, but I doubt my apartment will hold more than 15 people comfortably. I highly doubt 15 people will be interested, though.

If Sunday won't work, we could plan for something next week, maybe even a weekday night.

Let me know.

http://www.columbusracing.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=001856&p=2#000049

Originally posted by SR22DET:

I didn't see this until now, let me know if you end up doing anything sometime soon.

Well, judging by the responses, the game would be kind of small: you, me, and Marc. Not exactly what I was looking for - no offense, of course.

I can kind of see now why the CR touney never got off the ground.

I've been wanting to play at the Armory - that's in Westerville, right?

There's a game being held at the Hillard Tobacco Co. store tonight. It begins at 6:30, buy in is $40 I think. That's for the tournament. First place usually takes home around $200, depending on how many players there are. Usually there's about 30 players, but I think they'll take up to 40. It's basically first come, first serve. If you are interested, call the place and ask to speak to Jim - he's the owner and the one who organizes the games. BTW, the place is located on Cemetary Road.

I said depending on how many players there were. And the buy in isn't always $40 - sometimes it's only $25 or $35 (and sometimes it's $50 or $100).

Last night, there were about 30 people, maybe a few less, and second place took home $220. If I remember correctly, first place got $400. The top five were paid.

Originally posted by B1sh0p:

Tilley, come to my house wednesday for some poker. DJ, Eli, Ben (theoretic), and Jesse are probably going to be there, plus some buddies of mine/theirs. However, if your girlfriend comes, tell her that Eli can bitch at people for poker ettiquette all he wants, it's my house. ;)

Jon, call me, asshat.

-Marc