Drag Racing Basics (long)

Buck531

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by gillbot:

Also, do your burnout IN FRONT of the water box. Don't burnout IN it. Back in to get water on the tires then pull out of it so you don't sling water everywhere. May or may not affect you, but it sure may affect the next guy who has to stage where all the water from your fender wells has dripped.

Don't flame since suprisingly, many do not know this. Most people want to pull into the middle of the waterbox and do their burnout.

Gillbot,

I thought Something odd about you picture, it looks like you have Gen-4 late model SS wheels on front and Gen-4 early model Z28 salad cutters on the rear?

• 8 months later...

MY PET PEEVE

Staging.... Dont do your burnout, then get all full of piss and vinager and light up both sets of staging lights. Light up the prestage and WAIT! Wait for the other person to light up the prestaging lights. Then and ONLY THEN, should you creep, and either light up your second set, or deepstage. This is gentlemens staging.

It doesnt seem like a big deal to most... but to the guys whove been around for a while, it is... this is the proper way to stage and should be practiced religiously.

Originally posted by Assured Risk:

What kind of shoes? Do they have to be tennis shoes? I have a problem driving in anything other than moccasins LOL.

I have a perticular pair of running shoes i ware (ware/wear... dunno which one, i suck.) The soles are thin, and sidewalls stiff. This allows for better fealing in the pedals.

Guest racerh373
Originally posted by MRMEANR:

MY PET PEEVE

Staging.... Dont do your burnout, then get all full of piss and vinager and light up both sets of staging lights. Light up the prestage and WAIT! Wait for the other person to light up the prestaging lights. Then and ONLY THEN, should you creep, and either light up your second set, or deepstage. This is gentlemens staging.

It doesnt seem like a big deal to most... but to the guys whove been around for a while, it is... this is the proper way to stage and should be practiced religiously.

yeha but u dont have to do it and if you are deep stage it is ur responsibility to get in there and get it done. but no rule on curtisy staging. if u run up and stage the other guy has all day to get into the prestage light and then he has 15 seconds to get fully staged.