road racing fun

Guest aftermidnight

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aftermidnight
i'll be there for the mid-ohio event for sure....i'll stop in your garage because i'm still waiting on parts for my car so i figure i could offer help if it needed and it'll make the best of things without my car..... graemlins/thumb.gif

Guest aftermidnight
Originally posted by recklessOP:

any restrictions on fuel..?

i don't believe there is in aix. thats a crazy group....everything short of a tube chassis will almost fly in aix.

Guest aftermidnight
Originally posted by recklessOP:

:eek::D

need to finish my car...

same thing here...it's not looking good for me either...

what else do you need to finish up?

Originally posted by aftermidnight:

what else do you need to finish up?

A LOT! i've been so busy with school i haven't really touched it in the past 6 months... redface.gif

right now i've got it stripped down to the frame. been working my way thru the suspension and brakes. i still haven't decided what i'm going to do for a transmission.

it's a 85 corvette btw. i'm hoping to race VVC... smile.gif

i posted some pics of the tear down last year:

http://trackaddicts.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=375

Guest FastSaleen
I don't think there are fuel restrictions in AI, either. You would need to dyno with whatever fuel you are going to use, however. You would need to stay at or better than a 9.5:1 ratio with the fuel. If you dyno with sonething else and get 9.5:1, you wouldn't want to risk being protested and caught at 9:1.

Hey Brian, It look as if Z's rubber will be back on the ground this week. I thinking of racng in Time Trial in B class. The Z will start off in C but I think point will put it up to B. When you get time let go over the points before I finish paperwork.

Guest FastSaleen
So, Jeff - you feel like hunting down the champ I see. smile.gif Are you sure you have 15 points. You haven't done that much to the Z, have you?

SLOW. Getting heads back from machine shop today so should be able to put the top end back on the engine. Waiting on the oil cooler and motor mounts. If they get here early in the week we will be test driving the car next weekend. smile.gif Then it will be looking for some rubber for the track. :rolleyes:

Guest FastSaleen
How much rubber? I got some Goodyear 255/50/16's I'll sell you for $100. They should be good for at least 3 weekends - unless you are REALLY hard on tires.

Guest FastSaleen

Jeff,

I did some checking, and the Z starts as a TTD car with the twin turbo setup. Looking at the list, there are a lot of mods that won't even give you points, so you might still be a D car. I'll add them up and see what happens. If you go to my GS/CS tires, you will have to add the points for DOT approved race tires - 5 points - and maybe for tires extending beyond bodywork (maybe not, but they might stick out 1/2" cause of the wider tread) - 2 points - and 1 point for plus-sizing the tires. That alone adds 8 points (maybe 6).

Guest FastSaleen
Jeff, Just looked at the points, and with your mods and race tires, you will have 30 or 32 points (I think). I need to know a little more info about some of the mods, but I added all the points for the worst case. If the worst caase holds true, you WILL be a TTB car.

30! 32! I did not know you could count that high. Did you have to use your wife's digits?

Yeah, that is close to what I was coming up with also. Which means you will be seeing my back bumber a lot if I decide to run TT!!

Guest FastSaleen
Originally posted by JCBCPA:

30! 32! I did not know you could count that high. Did you have to use your wife's digits?

Yeah, that is close to what I was coming up with also. Which means you will be seeing my back bumber a lot if I decide to run TT!!

Excuse me!!!!! I think you have that backwards - you will be seeing my back bumper at least 3 times each session, cause that's how many times I'm gonna be passing you. smile.gif

Guest aftermidnight
Originally posted by JCBCPA:

Passing in the paddock does not count!

hahaha......thats why i did alot of detailing to the rear of my car so it looks good for ya's.....lol graemlins/slap.gif