Attn; Zx-14 Owners

Dweezel

Not to be outdone by Suzuki's recall of bad starter wire routing, and engines shutting off at speed, Kawi has issued it's own recall. Apparently this one can kill you...

Suzuki FTW!

Taken from; The Kneeslider

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2008/06/03/kawasaki-ninja-zx14-recall/

Kawasaki Ninja ZX14 Recall

June 3rd, 2008 by Paul Crowe - "The Kneeslider" Kawasaki has issued a recall for the Ninja ZX14, model years 2006 and 2007. No production dates or VIN numbers are specified, nor is the number of units affected. Read the details below.

Manufacturer: Kawasaki

Model Year: 2006, 2007

Models affected: ZX14

NHTSA Campaign Number: 08V222000

Potential Units Affected: Not Specified

Problem: Kawasaki is recalling certain model year 2006-2007 ‘Ninja’ ZX14 motorcycles. The rear suspension can collapse when a crossmember separates from the frame. Failure of the frame could result in the rear of the motorcycle collapsing creating the possibility of a crash resulting in injury or death.

Corrective Action: Dealers will check the torque of the engine mount adjusting collars and inspect and possibly replace the frame if necessary. The recall was expected to begin during May 2008. Owners may contact Kawasaki at 1-866-802-9381.

i'm just picturing this unfolding...

1:is that a new zx-14?

2:yes

1:nice ride

2:yeah, check this out

1:what's that?

2:*hits throttle, back end drops in the tire, bike screeches to a stop*

1:Did you get air bags on your bike?

2:nope it's stock...

Yeah I knew about that. Glad I have an '08. ;)

For the '06-'07 model I only know of 1 documented problem that was posted last year on bikeland.:dunno:

Remember the gixxer frame breakage problem in '06? :eek:

There is no reason for any frame issues on any bike. :nono:

Not to be outdone by Suzuki's recall of bad starter wire routing, and engines shutting off at speed, Kawi has issued it's own recall. Apparently this one can kill you...

Suzuki FTW!

Honda FTW!

Yeah I knew about that. Glad I have an '08. ;)

For the '06-'07 model I only know of 1 documented problem that was posted last year on bikeland.:dunno:

Remember the gixxer frame breakage problem in '06? :eek:

There is no reason for any frame issues on any bike. :nono:

You talking about the guy who show pics of a zx14 with a broken frame? Didnt he supposedly hit a truck or something?

You talking about the guy who show pics of a zx14 with a broken frame? Didnt he supposedly hit a truck or something?

:lol: Yeah doing a wheelie too I think. Vince Hill posted up about it and it started a HUGE arguement on whether it was that guys fault or not. Good memory Monk.