bethel road

Guest jo151

Guest jo151
As if every one didn't know bethel road is crawling with cops. Lately around eleven o'clock or so besides having to worry about columbus police and perry township cops, there is a state trooper who I have personally seen pull over about a dozen cars. The car is black so its real hard to see. Also behind the carriage place shopping center the columbus pd sits back there making the world a better place by pulling over people going 28 in a 25. Having moved here from newyork I am amazed at the cops here because I never had to worry about this back home. Cops had better things to do than sit on a deserted road at night and write traffic tickets. And they wonder why they have such a bad reputation?

Guest jo151
Yeah dude last summer I got banged over there at like 3:30 in the afternoon doing 89mph. Luckily I slowed down. Although the section I was in was a 55mph he wrote it for a 65mph zone so he gave me alittle bit of a break.

Originally posted by Joe A:

Yeah dude last summer I got banged over there at like 3:30 in the afternoon doing 89mph. Luckily I slowed down. Although the section I was in was a 55mph he wrote it for a 65mph zone so he gave me alittle bit of a break.

55?? No section of Bethel is 55. Maybe you were 'banged' on Henderson.

Just so you know, they also sometimes sit in the church parking lot just east of Godown.

Originally posted by Joe A:

I meant on 315 by downtown

Yeah, I got nailed there too. They sit at the exit just before I-70. You can't see them until you come out from under an underpass, and by then it's too late.

• 4 weeks later...
There is a cop that sits in the back of Carraige Place every morning. He is not looking for speeders though, he always seems to be reading the paper or something. I drive by going about 40 mph every morning and he never looks up.

No, he's talking about behind carraige place...the road that goes between the shopping center and the bordering condos and connects to Sawmill across from the bowling ally. It's 25mph back there and there's almost always a cops there, not just in the morning.