500rwhp ZX12R

Guest nightracer

Guest nightracer

Met a guy with a car I want to buy and we started talking bikes so he tells me a certain ZX12R in Dayton is now boosted and making 500rwhp.. :eek:

Never said what was done but 500rwhp seems a bit much I haven't even seen any busas making over the 499 mark. Somebody wana take a stab at this?

there are a few Hayabusa's making those kind of numbers currently...not a lot but there are some out there.

One guy from the Gixxer bulletin boards that I read owns the Silver Hayabusa built by SuperKaos racing that was featured in Sportbike last month...I think that it's making 500 at the wheel and he's building it to make even more. There's also the Lee Shierts bike (painted like Dale Jr's Bud car) that has to be making close to that number.

So...back to the 12's...if a Hayabusa can make that type of power then I'm sure a 12 could muster it too...

I've ridden a 12R that made ~220 rwhp, and I've ridden/owned bikes damn near since I was old enough to drive. It scared the hell out of me when I whacked the throttle at 125+ and went skyward. That much power > Stock wheelbase ZX12R

500 rwhp on one is beyond the realm of my imagination, the sonofabitch had better have wings.

Guest riggs867
I went to the Horsepower Shootout at AMI in Daytona during Bike Week 03. My group rode there with a guy named Mark Moisan. He had a 90 or 91 Suzuki GSX 1100, running a turbo. I guess he owns a company called American Turbo Systems, and used this bike as a rolling advertisement. Anyway, he won the shootout that year with something around 450 HP. He was running turbo only, at around 35 psi boost. There was a new GSXR 1000 there, that was running a big turbo and laughing gas. It put down something around 430 HP, but had problems putting the power to the dyno. That bike was spinning the rear tire on the rim so bad that it was smoking like a burnout. I would imagine that if they could set the suspension up better on that bike, along with a beadlock on the rear rim / tire, that it would have done 500 HP. They were betting on something over 500 before putting it on the dyno. That's been a year and a half ago, and I would imagine that the bugs have been worked out by now. Since that was only a 1000, a 1300 is easily believable at the 500 HP mark.

Originally posted by The_Fist_of_Fury:

it has a clutch the size of a coaster, could it even survive more then one dyno pull?

actually if it's anything like the fzr1000 in my garage it has 7or8 clutches the size of a coaster.

Guest nightracer
The guy supposedly has an extended swing arm. I don't understand why you'd need 500hp on a bike.. Thats just asking to die. Maybe God might pull a practical joke on you and let you live if you wreck or something.

Guest Ponyfreak
WTF do people need 5000 hp in a dragster? Just cause other people say, damn that mofo's got 5000hp. It is impressive. Kinda like a 1200 rwhp supra that is impossible to drive on the street.

Guest riggs867

"Need" is a relative term.

They are difficult to ride on the street. Mark's GSX was spinning the rear tire in second gear so bad it looked like he was riding on ice. He was only spinning about 3000 rpm, and running about 30 mph. No clutch, just a blip of the throttle. He was doing it intentionally, but you would have to be very gentle with that kind of power.

Guest riggs867
Originally posted by BLACK ITR GUY:

is there any way to make anything that lite with that much power hook up?

Well, you can use a nice Goodyear or M/T drag slick, but cornering goes away quite a bit.

Well I wouldn't want it to hook up... it would scare me. I would love to have a vehicle that I would have to be that easy on the throttle or it would lite up... I feel safer in a car, even though at 100 plus you're probably dead regardless and at least on a bike it would be quick.