3000 GT VR-4 and the Luminar??

Buck531

Not a kill story.

Turning left onto Sancus from Polaris to go to work, this vr-4 rolls up next to me. Temp tags on it. Red. nice lookin' car. Well, he gets a few cars a head and then slows down. Ok? I just keep cruising next to him.. slightly by him. He then gives it a little throttle and i hear the turbo(s)? start to spool. Well, my turn it about 100 yards in front and I look over and put my hand up and wave. Then.. as I'm putting on my right turn signal and slow down.. the dude keeps slowing down with me (obviously thinking we're gonna go). And I look over and point to the right like I have to turn. He in turns gives me a wave and takes off.

Now, My Lumina "might" beat a few cars out there. A VR-4 IS NOT one of them. He would have instantly pulled so hard that I would have been left back in November 5th, 1955.

Oh well.. just figured i'd post and ramble. Hardly ANYONE with that nature of a car decides he wants to race. He must have heard the exhaust and probably thought I had a blower graemlins/popcorn.gif . I wish I did though. graemlins/grin2.gif

That was me, I recognized your car, and I have met you, along time ago at China first.

Hence the reason I was really trying to get you to run a little.

I realized your turn was coming up the first time you waved I just wanted to make sure you saw me wave back before I headed off.

Originally posted by SlowVR4:

That was me, I recognized your car, and I have met you, along time ago at China first.

Hence the reason I was really trying to get you to run a little.

I realized your turn was coming up the first time you waved I just wanted to make sure you saw me wave back before I headed off.

Hah.. awesome. Damn.. now that I think about it, I forgot you just bought a Vr-4.

Yeah, I saw you waving.. and I'm like... WTF.. who are you??? hehe.

Good stuff. Where do you work Btw?

Originally posted by Buck531:

Not a kill story.

Turning left onto Sancus from Polaris to go to work, this vr-4 rolls up next to me. Temp tags on it. Red. nice lookin' car. Well, he gets a few cars a head and then slows down. Ok? I just keep cruising next to him.. slightly by him. He then gives it a little throttle and i hear the turbo(s)? start to spool. Well, my turn it about 100 yards in front and I look over and put my hand up and wave. Then.. as I'm putting on my right turn signal and slow down.. the dude keeps slowing down with me (obviously thinking we're gonna go). And I look over and point to the right like I have to turn. He in turns gives me a wave and takes off.

Now, My Lumina "might" beat a few cars out there. A VR-4 IS NOT one of them. He would have instantly pulled so hard that I would have been left back in November 5th, 1955.

Oh well.. just figured i'd post and ramble. Hardly ANYONE with that nature of a car decides he wants to race. He must have heard the exhaust and probably thought I had a blower graemlins/popcorn.gif . I wish I did though. graemlins/grin2.gif

Ahh yessss of course, November 5th, 1955, that was the day I invented time travel graemlins/grin2.gif

I found some old reviews..... http://www.stealth316.com/1-library.htm

Summary.....

1991 3000GT VR4

1/4 mile - around 14.5 @ 97mph depending on review

0-60 - around 6.2 sec. depending on review

HP - 300 @ 6000

Tq - 307 @ 2500

Weight - 3791 lbs.

[ 12. March 2005, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Maro ]

Guest turbojc
Originally posted by ChrisR 6G72TT:

cool, another vr4. Take it easy on that transfer case ;)

You 1st gen guys and your week transfer cases. tongue.gif Yes do be easy on the gearbox. I just spent $1600 getting mine rebuilt. :rolleyes: