Modded my car a little...

Kuruma

Finally got my first upgrade to a car done yesterday. Installed an Edelbrock 10" air cleaner to replace the stock air cleaner that normally comes with an SR5. The results are pretty damn good even with the paper filter it came with, so if any of y'all have any beaters running a 4A-C engine (RWD Corolla SR5, FWD Corollas up until 1987, some Chevy Novas), and want a little more power to keep up with traffic, this is a pretty inexpensive little project that works well.

Pics will come once I have them ready.

K, I'll try to see if I can post some later today when I head up to Mansfield. Let me know if you need the hook-up on a longer air cleaner stud for your carb if you do this mod, I had to buy way more threaded rod then I really needed, and I can dremel off a length for ya.

As for the usefulness of it, I swear by it. The little carbed 4A-C sounds a lot meaner now, the car takes off at a faster pace, and has lost that annoying jerking problem that you get below 15mph. It's a bit of a bitch to start when cold, from the preheater and such being eliminated in this setup, but I'll take the initial inconvenience to get the extra power.