Upcoming Auto-x events?

AudiOn19s

If anyone could point me towards some local Auto-x events in the near future it would be greatly appreciated. I let my SCCA membership lapse and the only thing I'm a member of anymore is gropus that do full track days and I desperately need to get my wife to an auto-x event to learn car control before putting her on the track at Mid Ohio at the end of may....and yes I thought of finding a big parking lot and teaching her there but I don't need any trouble with the law and it's been a couple of years since I've auto-x'd and I really miss it.

Thanks for any help guys.

Andy

Definately go to the beginners school. Last year it was almost like a test and tune but a guy rode with you. Not much advice was given. They said this year they would like to turn it into more of a real school where they go over proper technique and you'll get plenty of runs for practice.

I'm moving to Detriot in about a week so I'm going to miss most of the OVR schedule. I definately won't make the drivers school but I might be down for a few points events.

I will miss this weekend's event as well. I wish I could make it but I have to drive to Pittsburgh on Saturday for family reasons and won't make it back to Columbus until Sun afternoon. I may drive down and watch if I can make it in time for the last runs.

Originally posted by Mallard:

www.myautoevents.com has nearly ever event listed anywhere and you register through them.

You can also check out www.ovr-scca.org for a local schedule. There is an OVR event at Cooper Stadium (i think) this Sunday. You have to pre-register through My Auto Events.

What is up with this guy..girl.. or whatever.. http://www.ovr-scca.org/images/photos/worker_headset.jpg

I believe that is Rusty, who was pass president of OVR and is on their board. Or I could be wrong, it could be his wife, who is the current president. Either way, if you have to ask, you do not want to know!