Any thoughts on a 2000 celica gts

Rustlestiltskin

In the last couple days I've noticed this car for sale at a local dealership. I'm quite interested in it b/c I want somethin more sportier then what I have now but I wanna stay w/ a 4cyl at the moment. Just wondering if anybody on here knows of any pro/cons with this car and if so could you enlighten me on them. Thanks guys for any future help on this. tongue.gif

-Paul

Guest GSRchick714

Any reasons why you want a 4-cyl?

My friend had one but then he put a CAI on it and drove through a huge puddle graemlins/nonono.gif Before that he loved the car though!

Don't get the auto. The GT-S 6 speed has *spritely* acceleration above 6,000 RPM. The auto GT-S is WORTHLESS. Other than that, they handle pretty well, stereo systems are pretty decent, and they get good gas mileage.

Only if you have a vagina, otherwise I'd look for something else. If you want a new sportier kind of car, get like a 99' GTI, probably about the same price, and you have less ricers to deal with if you got into the scene.

a 6-spd GT-s would beat up anthonys rustang pretty soundly :(

they are ok, but as said before, thier auto is worthless. fun to drive, I would use one as a daily. Seen a decent driver put the stick cars into mid-14's stock. I like the way they look.

i think, and hope, he is asking about this as a daily driver..which i don't see anything wrong with. they are peppy and get decent mileage...his 'sig' says he has a Sebring for christs sake...i'd rather drive a burning golfcart.

Guest GSRchick714

A Sebring woudln't be bad if you were a grandpa...well maybe if you were a grandma it might be ok. graemlins/lol.gif

Anyways, I think a Celica GT-S would be a good DD

Originally posted by GSRchick714:

A Sebring woudln't be bad if you were a grandpa...well maybe if you were a grandma it might be ok. graemlins/lol.gif

Anyways, I think a Celica GT-S would be a good DD

haha hey now, I did have an 01' cobra before.. the sebring is only temporary

Guest GSRchick714
Originally posted by 1Lthalsvt:

haha hey now, I did have an 01' cobra before.. the sebring is only temporary

I was just kidding...why did you get rid of the Cobra?

151: what are you talking about?

Originally posted by GSRchick714:

]

I was just kidding...why did you get rid of the Cobra?

QB]

class times at college screwed up my work schedule so that meant I couldn't make as much money anymore. so I had to get rid of it for something cheaper. Think of what feeling I have now that i'm driving a sebring instead of my beloved cobra

the GTS is toyota race engine, Check your insurence trust me you dont want that car, they are one of the top hardest cars to insure.. but hey if you can afford it and put a turbo on it go for it, otherwise go with a GTI

Originally posted by PeteS40:

the GTS is toyota race engine, Check your insurence trust me you dont want that car, they are one of the top hardest cars to insure.. but hey if you can afford it and put a turbo on it go for it, otherwise go with a GTI

what? this guy owned a cobra, i'm sure he knows about insurance prices.

Guest GSRchick714
Originally posted by 1Lthalsvt:

class times at college screwed up my work schedule so that meant I couldn't make as much money anymore. so I had to get rid of it for something cheaper. Think of what feeling I have now that i'm driving a sebring instead of my beloved cobra

I feel ya there :( scheduling work & school together gets hard after a while.

Orininally posted by Redneck #1: what? this guy owned a cobra, i'm sure he knows about insurance prices.
I agree. And I doubt the Celica is "hard to insure" It might be the best engine in the celica but I have the best (besides type R) engine for the integra and that doesn't make my insurance out the roof

Originally posted by Lustalbert (more used cars than CR):

celica = having a vagina. seriously, i look at a celica, i expect to see some 18-24 cutie in it, dont screw up my driving passtime

+100000000