Need Porsche tranny parts

Crash1647545504

Its an 88 911 Carrera Targa top non-turbo, 5 speed manual tranny. 2nd gear is out and I'm looking for a deal up on that.

Also what would this car go for with a leaky engine and 2nd gear is out.

[ 21. March 2005, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Theoretic ]

My brother has a 87 911 Carrera, he re-built the top of the engine last year and had a guy in Powell hone the cylinders. This guy in Powell works out of his house on Porsche's. He does machining and supplies parts. He used to work for one of the big Porshe shops in town and since work from his house. He is quite busy. I will give my brother a call tomorrow and get his number. If you are looking to sell, please PM give me with details.

I'm actualy looking to buy.

The car belongs to my dad's accountant or somthing, and has been sitting in our garage for about 8 years with a cover over it. The paint isn't perfect, a bit faded but with some wax would look great.

I figure, with a mangles tranny, and a leaky engine, I could pick the car up for cheap since the owner shows no interest in it anyway, do the labor myself, a couple mods and have a great cornering car. that runs low 14's and with some mods easy 13's. I KBB this car in fair condition and it was 12,000. That running, this car is far from running.

Ben, as with any Porsche your talking $$ for the upkeep. But you'll have a nice car. If I were you I'd look for like a mid 80's 928. Yep a 928. Silky V8 that screams up top. Great shaped body for high speeds. Alot of the parts are inter-chageable with other 928's and a few others. I looked into mid 80's Porsches heavily before I went with a 240 awhile back. For the money a 928 is hard to beat (Porsche wise). I drove the exact car your talking about along with a 951 and the 928. Out of those 3 the 928 was much faster and handled much better IMO. And some of the 85-86 928's came with a certain set of front seats that I will put up against ANY aftermarket seat out there...ANY! Most comfortable and supportive seat I've ever sat in. Taking a corner doing 60 felt no different than doing it at 20, and so nice you could sleep in as well. But anyway good luck in your search smile.gif

I would take your advice if I was Porsche shopping, but im not. If I can get this car for 3000 or under with a shit motor and no tranny and fix it for under 1500. I also get parts for dirt cheap, its just a full tranny is harder to find.

All I'm asking is if anyone has a hookup on a tranny. And how much these cars go for without a tranny.