Thinking about buying these wheels for the Z06.

RedRocket1647545505

Guest 97espcobra
The price on the wheels isn't 6K a piece, they are about 1,800-2,100 a piece. Still a chunck of change and they aren't for everyone. Some like it some, some don't. From a race perspective, the unsprung rotating mass weight savings is awesome. I work for ATI and wanted to set the record straight. Also, our webstore currently blows. Somehow we got stuck with everything showing out of stock.... That should be fixed soon.

Originally posted by 97espcobra:

The price on the wheels isn't 6K a piece, they are about 1,800-2,100 a piece. Still a chunck of change and they aren't for everyone. Some like it some, some don't. From a race perspective, the unsprung rotating mass weight savings is awesome. I work for ATI and wanted to set the record straight. Also, our webstore currently blows. Somehow we got stuck with everything showing out of stock.... That should be fixed soon.

How in the world did you find your way onto this site?

Guest 97espcobra
I track our site log for referrals. A link to this thread showed up and I decided to check it out. This forum is pretty good, I'm sure I will continue to check it out and chime in from time to time. I live, eat, sleep cars!

Originally posted by Murasaki:

Hm.. personally I'd say no but thats cause I really don't like the way they look, and I don't think they would look good on a corvette. But who knows, I might be totally wrong.

I'd say they're more for a performance addition than an asthetics addition. Atleast, IMO, they would be. I would like to see some other spoke designs though. You guys at ATI should work on that (or tell whoever makes them to work on it).

Guest Maxwell Church

We are working on several center spoke designs. I hope to have a brochure with options soon. At the moment we can duplicate any center you wish with almost any offset.

The wheels are durable and can stand up to Ohio and Michigan roads, god are there any worse that our state roads?

They have passed every D.O.T. test including:

(a) Radial Fatigue Standard test is 2.5 million cycles ours passed 5 million

(b) Cornering Fatigue 1.2 million cycles

© Radial impact testing (this is the one that everyone worries about) our wheel exceeded the impact test by 60KG which has never been done before.

(d) A repeat of A, B, C with low profile tire... this test not required by JWL or BSAU

(e) Additional impact on unsupported inner flange without tire ( no wheel has ever passed this before our wheel)

(f) CASS test environmental chamber designed to add age to the wheel

(g) Repeat A, B, C on wheel post CASS test

After all testing the wheel was pressure tested to assure no micro cracks

This wheel compared to the Z06 wheel was twice as strong and held up better in impact testing then the Z06 wheels and we did it without the center spokes we also did all the same testing once again with only 1 support bolt in each spoke rather then the normal 2

Originally posted by Maxwell Church:

We are working on several center spoke designs. I hope to have a brochure with options soon. At the moment we can duplicate any center you wish with almost any offset.

The wheels are durable and can stand up to Ohio and Michigan roads, god are there any worse that our state roads?

They have passed every D.O.T. test including:

(a) Radial Fatigue Standard test is 2.5 million cycles ours passed 5 million

(b) Cornering Fatigue 1.2 million cycles

© Radial impact testing (this is the one that everyone worries about) our wheel exceeded the impact test by 60KG which has never been done before.

(d) A repeat of A, B, C with low profile tire... this test not required by JWL or BSAU

(e) Additional impact on unsupported inner flange without tire ( no wheel has ever passed this before our wheel)

(f) CASS test environmental chamber designed to add age to the wheel

(g) Repeat A, B, C on wheel post CASS test

After all testing the wheel was pressure tested to assure no micro cracks

This wheel compared to the Z06 wheel was twice as strong and held up better in impact testing then the Z06 wheels and we did it without the center spokes we also did all the same testing once again with only 1 support bolt in each spoke rather then the normal 2

Kickass! Now to find $6,500+....