Who makes a good battey? what brand? where to buy?

CJINOHIO03

I forgot in my original answer, I bought a "red top" for the vette & love it. The delco went when I had a short in drivers door? Damn lites on arm rest stayed on for days. Short now fixed, I always have plenty of electric power / just need more power now in the engine bay!! :D

I have an Optima Red top in my camaro... I started the car up for the first time in probably 6 months last night... and it fired right up... every year I've owned the car before this, starting it up after the winter the battery was always dead and wouldn't take a new charge.... from what I saw last night with that Optima, it's worth it's weight in gold... with that being said, I've also heard, if they go dead, it's hard to ever get them to recover. although it's proving hard to get them to die seeing how our winter sucked wanker and it was good to go when I started it last night... no trickle charge or anything... hell, I didn't even unhook the battery for the winter.

I had an Optima Red Top and killed it. Remember, never allow a dry cell to completely discharge as the cells can't handle it. They won't hold a decent charge worth a damn after that.

Other than that, go for it. But them bastards are heavy. That's why I sold mine and picked up a Dynabatt. 10.8lbs, about the size of a textbook, has an amazing 225 CCA or something graemlins/thumb.gif