Anyone familiar with AquaMist (Water Injection) ?

Prodeje79

So I got my stillen sc V2 kit now.

It was from a 5th gen maxima and I have a 4th gen.

This means I am going to have to do a custom intake and charger pipe.

This would be a good time to intercool (I guess it is really aftercooling) or add a aquamist system.

I will be using the current smallest pully of 2.87 which produces 13psi at the stock rpm limit of 6850. I have a JWT ECU with a 7200RPM. I am worried about over spinning and over boosting.

I may have to get a larger pully. I have a 3.33, but I think that is too big :>

I did a compression test on my 100k motor and it is 210 psi all around. The max is suppose to be 185, so I may have some carbon build up?

Anyone have advice / recommendations on any part of my project?

Of course alternatives would be to front mount IC or a AWIC where my battery is now.

Here are some aquamist links:

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/march03/project200sx/

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/

I would recommend intercooling if you can instead of relying on water injection. The aquamist systems are pretty good with the exception of their pumps, apparently the pump they use is crap. If you log on to www.twinturbo.net and do a search for aquamist you should be able to find some good info. Just be sure and actually search instead of posting a question on it over there, because it has been covered a bunch.

Guest stevil
There are a few other different companies selling water injection kits, so you might look into those also. Or piece together a kit using a better pump, etc.

Guest stevil
Originally posted by nate dog:

You dance with danger since most WI tunes run lean(er) meaning more of a chance the motor could go boom.

50/50 water alcohol mix. ;)

Originally posted by nate dog:

You dance with danger since most WI tunes run lean(er) meaning more of a chance the motor could go boom.

Why do they show leaner? Water displaces air, doesnt combust, and the same amount of fuel is being injected....Please explain, I would love to hear why you think that.

If you can intercool than intercool, it works better. We have I dont know how many hours of logging AFR and ACT's vs. WI, 50/50, straight Alchy etc with all kinds of different volumes...For us, water always has cooled the best.

Well I decided to not go with IC or WI for now. THanks for the info!

There a few maxes running with 2.87 pulley fine, but not with the 400 RPM more limit.

I would rather be safe than sorry, so I will run the 3.33 for now.

I have 370 injectors and a walbro for fuel though.

I am gonna be running Apexi EL EGT, Apexi EL PSI boost, defi fuel pressure, and a defi oil pressure.

Maybe wideband lm-1 later.

I am thinking to sell my 60mm apexis to get all defis though. rx7 store sells defi right? :>

• 2 weeks later...