Torque wrench to borrow?

verse

Does anyone have a torque wrench Andy and I could borrow for the next day or two? We need it to retorque head bolts once we get Andy's new head gasket on. PM me or Andy F. We will be able to get it back to you probably by Friday or Saturday.

Guest FastSaleen
If I can get my Saleen finished tomorrow afternoon, you can borrow mine. You aren't that far from me either - I'm around the corner in Galloway. I gotta put the top end back on my Saleen first, though - can your project wait until next week?

We are going to be working in Gahanna. Toyota said that it's 90% a HG, but we need to have it done by this weekend b/c next week is the USDrift event. It has to be running by then if the HG isn't the problem. Racinbird, do you have a number I could reach you at? We are off Stygler on Forestwood. So you know where it'll be.

Originally posted by BC Xtreme:

Harbor freight has 1/2" drive torque wrenches for $9

Not that I would trust a $9 torque wrench.

umm yea dont trust them we (jon, andyf and I) have one and i replaced the valve gasket on my car and the damn thing doesent work. broke 3 of my bolts before i realised this. went back and had them test out 3-4 brand new ones from the box and they do not work at all.

Auto zone rents them for around $90 (you get your money back after you return it). JUST make sure you look at it before you leave the store. When I got one two weeks ago from the store on Agler, there was 3 inches of play in the fucking handle. Definatley toast. It took 3 more to get one that worked correctly.

I have one in the back of my hachi-roku that I can lend out, It's in the shop right now trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with the engine THIS time. The thing works fine, used it to do my own head gasket swap.