5.0 Mustang Guys...

Wease

What do you think a legit 1986 5.0 LX Coupe (not a former police car) with 167K miles, all stock, body in great shape with no rot, is worth? :confused: Guy is asking $3400, but I think that's about $1000 high. '86 5.0's are not the most desirable motors, but they are a desirable body style, being the last year for the 4 eyed cars. And this one's a rare coupe. I'd be interested to hear what you guys think it's worth... graemlins/nod.gif

If it has no rust then it'd be worth it.

But your right, maybe get him to go 500 or more cheaper.

If nothing has been replaced on the motor your in for a treat and if the tranny is old that will be gone soon too.

I love the old 4 eyed coupes. Buy it!

Do it Do it Do it!!! j/k

I would ask them to go down a bit! Say around 750-1000 bucks. With those miles.. thats a lot of money! If the car is in great shape though thats a different story. ( it would have to be SPOTLESS for that money though) Good Luck Sean!

Originally posted by Boost-n-Juice:

Mileage doesn't matter (unless it was $10k). That is a decent deal if it's clean. Be sure to get under the car and check for rust where the firewall meets the floor pan and arond the torque boxes in the rear. Get it! 4 eyed coupe ='s the win!

I agree, since your tearing it down anyway I would just look to see how much structual rust was there. he is a bit high, but there is somone out there willing to pay that amount and he might know it. I wouldn't try to lowball him, If it is structurally perfect i would be happy to take it for 3k as scarce as that car is getting. DOn't let him know you want to tear it apart mechanically so that you can use any mechanical quirks to get a few bucks knocked off as well.

Originally posted by Boost-n-Juice:

Mileage doesn't matter (unless it was $10k). That is a decent deal if it's clean. Be sure to get under the car and check for rust where the firewall meets the floor pan and arond the torque boxes in the rear. Get it! 4 eyed coupe ='s the win!

I agree with Boost-n-Juice. Also check out www.foureyedpride.com The guys over there can tell ya anything and everything you want to know about 4 eyed Mustangs.