SVT Mustang Cobras

SVTCobraGuy

Are there any CR members with Cobras?

Are Cobras holding their ground in the CR scene?

Some misc rambling....

Was thinking about getting a Diablosport programmer. Good idea hacking the fuel/timing curves and all? I believe 1999 was the first year for the ECU to contain FLASH memory rather than a ROM. Woo hoo!

Did the generic stuff, flowmaster, KN, 373 gears. Any recommendations on supercharger? Are Vortechs worth the extra $$???

Originally posted by NBC4 Fuel Dude:

'03s aren't the only ones with blowers ;)

I think the last count was somewhere around 18 Mustangs with blowers on this board. I think you'll get plenty of good advice.

Welcome!

Mike

EDIT: Talk to Rob Lasota (RL on here) about tuning/ecu programing. He does a pretty damn good job from what I understand. He is also a superchips dealer. :cool:

Originally posted by BDHG940:

My buddies novi 2000 is broken w/ 5,000 miles on it

Would be curious to know what car it was on and who's fault the breakdown was: his or Paxton's?

Darn, that's the one I was considering. How about the Novi 1000? I wonder what the difference is? Paxton's website doesn't want to talk about it.

Originally posted by MJ:

I think the last count was somewhere around 18 Mustangs with blowers on this board. I think you'll get plenty of good advice.

Welcome!

Mike

EDIT: Talk to Rob Lasota (RL on here) about tuning/ecu programing. He does a pretty damn good job from what I understand. He is also a superchips dealer. :cool:

Thanks for the contact MJ. I'll drop him a line.

Originally posted by NBC4 Fuel Dude:

Welcome.

There's quite a few Cobras around here. Many do hold their ground, along with the F-Bodies.

'03s aren't the only ones with blowers ;)

what a shameless plug haha just kidding

Originally posted by Blowzilla:

U blow that 99 cobra and you'll be rebuilding your bottom end within a year....

It depends on how hard you are on the car. There's a 98 cobra on here with a vortech and it still runs after a couple years.

Guest monkey4sale321
I wish I had a cobra... have you seen or heard about this guy and his 03 cobra.. goes by the name of blades? Made a really sweet video. I hear Basani makes good stuff for cobras. I'll give the url as soon as i found it

Originally posted by Gonzo:

I wish I had a cobra... have you seen or heard about this guy and his 03 cobra.. goes by the name of blades? Made a really sweet video. I hear Basani makes good stuff for cobras. I'll give the url as soon as i found it

That'd be sweet to see some vids!

I've heard Basani is really good too. Lot's of people do their complete exhaust system. I couldn't resist Flowmasters. smile.gif

That is concerning. It is 9.8:1 stock CR. 6PSI boost would create roughly 60PSI more pressure in the combustion chamber before ignition.

I know Ford did a cast iron block on the 03's and later for that same reason.

How about mild boost? 6-8PSI. I would think as long as the charge is cool, ignition/fuel is proper, and I'm not dumb, it shouldn't be any different than 100 horses in engine upgrades?

Eh, not necessarily. I've seen quite a few run around on stock boost (9lbs) for a while as long as they're not kicking the crap out of it every other gear. But I agree, any Cobra before '03 meant to be putting 400rwhp+ to the ground really needs a forged shortblock. Definitely why I forged mine! (Vortech on the way ;) )

Originally posted by BDHG940:

The bearing frooze in the blower. SHM told him to send it to Paxton, so they could rebuild it.

Well that sucks! Any engine damage? How's his car doing anyway? Anything new done to it? Last I talked to him he was running around 12.3x or so at Trails and hadn't done anything else to it.

Originally posted by Razorback:

Well that sucks! Any engine damage? How's his car doing anyway? Anything new done to it? Last I talked to him he was running around 12.3x or so at Trails and hadn't done anything else to it.

Chad should be at the trails in a few weeks, he put a Mach 1 rear end in over the winter