BFG comp t/a Drag radials are done.......

Nick

I know the current "G force" tires are, but I think they may remain the same. I hope. It is a strong market for the comp t/a's, I dont know why they'd do away with them.

Drag radials have gone into the 7's on mustangs. I believe Dwyane Guthridge went 7.98 on a set of 315/50/15s.

The current line of G-force tires have a unique tread pattern, and are an autocross tire. Theres always Nittos or the new mickey thompson tires, but I always liked the BFGs.

Talk about misleading:

In addition to clinching the NOPI Drag Racing Association (NDRA) championship in 2003, BFGoodrich's Comp T/A Drag Radial set a new world record for the fastest time on a U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)-approved tire. Paul Efantis drove his Toyota Supra to a new world record in the NDRA BFGoodrich Pro Street Class by ripping off an 8.25 second quarter mile at 170.8 m.p.h. With the world record, Efantis beat his own previous mark set on the same tire.
They try to make it sound like this Supra holds the world record on DOT approved tires. It might hold the IMPORT racing record (hence mentioning NOPI in the previous sentence).

#1: I'll bet the DOT record is held by a car running ET Streets or QTP's (they are far stickier, and come in far wider/taller sizes).

#2: Cars have went faster on drag radials than 8.20's.