Borrow: High Power Impact gun

dragknee66

Doing the swap on my TT, my earthquake 625lb impact just isnt cutting it. Need to remove the main crank pulley bolt on both my engines.

If anyone has a really nice impact theyde be willing to bring over for a total of 5mins to help me out, it'll be worth beer or some food ;)

(yup, i have an air compressor)

Where do you live? Post or PM me an address so I can Mapquest it, and I might stop out tonight still if it's not to far away. Got a Inger rated 1000ft.lbs of breaking. Or a big ass torque wrench to break it if that doesn't work.

with the motor out of the car.. I have no way of holding the flywheel still so I can break it loose

I have the 1/2 and a large breaker bar, and lots of muscles to break it :D Just cant hold the damned flywheel.

I'll ghetto rig it if I must to break it loose.

Well, I don't think my impact wrench is rated at more then 500lbs(if that) so unless you think there is something wrong with yours I doubt it will do any good. I am just off Lazelle Rd. so I'm not far away.

PM me if you want to give it a try.

CJ

dude, just pull on the thing! I broke head bolts with a 3/4" drive breakerbar... when i say i broke em, i was tightening them and snapped the heads off... if you cant break it loose with a 3/4 bar, you cant break it loose period.

Originally posted by Rotarded:

We broke one 1/2" Craftsman wrench, one 1/2" breaker bar, and three 19mm sockets using a 3ft pipe on Vila's (Rmagic) front pulley bolt. 2 guys standing on the motor, and 3 pushing down on the bar.

shit lol sounds like the time we had to break lose the crank bolt on my friends 91 AWD talon. Took like 6feet of breaker bar/pole and 2 guys jumping on it!