Audi S4 conversion to RS4

Guest bigcmm1921

Guest bigcmm1921
The manager of auto assets told me they just finished a conversion of an S4 to an RS4. I guess the guy was trying to sell his S4 and when some1 was test driving it the turbos blew. So he took it to assets and they did a complete conversion. When the car was complete he said on the upgraded turbos it was running 24 PSI and around 430 HP. Cant wait to see the new rs4 production car out on the road!!

Originally posted by bigcmm1921:

The manager of auto assets told me they just finished a conversion of an S4 to an RS4.

No they didn't... not anywhere close actually.

Originally posted by bigcmm1921:

When the car was complete he said on the upgraded turbos it was running 24 PSI and around 430 HP.

The number I've heard thrown around was 400hp. Either # is a prety high estimate. I bet it has low 3xx to the wheels at best... but that's still good for 12's. (320 hp to the wheels would be ~400crankHP).

Ehhh...they kinda did...you're correct they're not all factory RS-4 parts...but it's essencially the same deal, better in my opinion. This particular client opted for the upgraded intercoolers too which was a wise move...430 is actually the number that the manufacturer of the kit claims...and the car's doing this on 20psi not 24. I don't much care for the styling on the car though...but that's all personal taste..I like what's been done to the powertrain though!!!

Andy

Originally posted by AudiOn19s:

Ehhh...they kinda did...you're correct they're not all factory RS-4 parts...but it's essencially the same deal, better in my opinion.

Actually that's not what I was referring to. RS4's look different on the outside. You can get a custom wide body kit for ~$6k (iirc). Then they still have different cams, intake, maf, some piping. That's just stuff that might matter power wise. There are probably more parts I don't know/am not remembering. Different seats.

Not to try to take anything away from the car, a well running stage 3+ car is way bad ass. I'd love to eventually do that to my car... except for I'd buy reasonable priced parts and install them myself because his bill was about half of what I made in a year (before taxes) from what someone told me.

Despite that, it will never be an RS4 just like an AE86 (sold here) will never be a turreno, etc. It's an S4 with quite a bit of upgrades, nothing more, nothing less. That was my main point.

They only made RS4's in those years in wagons.