Fastest imports in the area???

HybridMT

Just trying to get an idea on what to expect at next Sundays Import event at Kil-Kare...

There are three heads up classes each with several hundreds in cash payouts. However, each class must be filled in order for the payouts to be paid in full, otherwise payouts are cut in half. 8 cars are needed for FWD Quick 8, 8 for Street Class, and 4 for the All Motor class. Are there enough heads up racers in the area to fill these classes? Heads up racer = running mid 12s or faster for FWD and Street, mid 13s or faster for All Motor.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would these cars not show up? Apparently some are not aware of how easy it will be to win cash at this event.

DRAG CLASSES AND PAYOUTS

FWD Quick 8 $1000

Street Class Quick 8 $800

All Motor Quick 4 $400

Bracket ET 1 $100

Bracket ET2 $100

Motorcycle Bracket $100

All rules/regs are on www.ImportFaceOff.com

General event info...

http://www.streettrends.net/ifosmall1.jpg

http://www.streettrends.net/ifosmall2.jpg

Guest Removed
Originally posted by Redneck #1:

weren't firebirds and camaros "imported" from canada?

No but turbo coupe can ....the block has brazil stamped in it and it fall's in the class...

Originally posted by HybridMT:

Why would these cars not show up? Apparently some are not aware of how easy it will be to win cash at this event.

[/img]

B/C it's going to be lame. I don't even want to go to the drift event like I do everymonth b/c a bunch of idiots ricers will be there.

Originally posted by 86 Eh?:B/C it's going to be lame. I don't even want to go to the drift event like I do everymonth b/c a bunch of idiots ricers will be there.
Guys, all the flashy show cars, midgets, bikini girls, bright flyers, etc are just to bring in the masses. Without the spectator support there would be no payouts for racers to compete for. Sure, there will be ricers present, but there will be several skilled drivers and high powered fast cars there too. You’ve got to take the bad with the good. Auto enthusiasts can either complain and act like they’re too good to show up, or they can come out and support these events, especially ones that have racing, legit classes, rules, and organization. Give the “ricer” fans something to look up to. The more support for race events now, the lower entry fees and higher the payouts later.

/\ Unfortunately, the only masses. There just aren't enough die hard race fans to support an import event alone. It's a tough markert and import events with only racing and no other "extra" activities do not bring in enough people to pay for expensis, whatless provide payouts for the racers.

Racers, all the extra activities (bikinis, DJs, show cars, etc.) are just that, "extras". You don't have to watch or even be around those activities if you don't want. The extra activities are going on during the drag competition and the racing does not stop any time during the day.

i will be there running in the street class heads up and i will be on race gas for the first time with my new setup. i now what it runs on pump gas and it makes 80whp more and 100wtq more on my race gas map. i am hoping that they won't be to hard on the cage rule of 11.49 though. cause i don't have a cage in the car yet.