Big Blower

desperado

Originally posted by desperado:

Now can someone direct me to where I can get an intake to put this on my small block Chevy?

I can show you how to make one out of server cases. tongue.gif

In industrial terms, "blower" means fan.

Actually any of the roots lobe style blowers can be used as air pumps of vacuum pumps. I have seen some older Stanley Steamer trucks that were using GMC 6-71 superchargers for their vacuum pumps.

Oddly enough, the tow behind air compressors that you see running jackhammers and large sandblasting setups along the road are engine driven roots style blowers with really tight tolerances.

Originally posted by desperado:

Actually any of the roots lobe style blowers can be used as air pumps of vacuum pumps. I have seen some older Stanley Steamer trucks that were using GMC 6-71 superchargers for their vacuum pumps.

Oddly enough, the tow behind air compressors that you see running jackhammers and large sandblasting setups along the road are engine driven roots style blowers with really tight tolerances.

true, we use those in the military. nice tight tolerance + someone removing the air filter to get more flow + iraq dust/sand = good show when it dies.