240 SX question

95probegt

i might be buying a `95 240 SX, but i have a question on weither it is worth it or not. it has 184,000 miles on it, body has some minor dings and scratches, and one dent about the size of a basketball in the rear. the only problem is the rotors are warped and i will have to get new ones. the guy is asking 700.00 for it. Is it worth it or not? if not what should i offer?

Originally posted by 240sxdriverone09:

you get what you pay for i bought mine for 700 and it had a really good body and great engine i was lucky however the kid was leaveing for army basic and had to dump the car quick

95 is the newer body style, a little hard to compare.

Guest SweeeetSilvia
Yep Keith- its all about you isnt it. How many have I owned? I'm sorry I didn't get my first one until March of '01, after months of saving up for it. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Fetus:

allright, well it sounds like it is definity worth it so i am going to buy it, sorry for the guys who wanted it. how much would the 300zx engine upgrade cost me and how much power would it bring me up

Originally posted by Fetus:

allright, well it sounds like it is definity worth it so i am going to buy it, sorry for the guys who wanted it. how much would the 300zx engine upgrade cost me and how much power would it bring me up

you can get a Z32 motorset from zerolift for like 2500 if you pick it up.there is some fabrication involved,and the stock output is 280hp(ish). even though the sr20is played out a bit,it's a really good option for ease of installation and good power output for the dollar. cheaper too by almost a grand.depending on what flavor of Sr20 you want.

Guest doggunracing

Ugh, you really want to try to put a VG in it??? KA, SR or RB are all better choices. At 184K, I'd either rebuild the KA, or get an SR or RB25. It all depends on your mechanical skill, hp/powerband goals, and size of your wallet.

Originally posted by SR22DET:

Yep Keith- its all about you isnt it. How many have I owned? I'm sorry I didn't get my first one until March of '01, after months of saving up for it. :rolleyes:

Ha ha, who pissed in your flakes, Dan? Guess I should have put more smilies for the Sheila's :D:D:D How many of those went to Passen for work? :D:D:D:D