Who else had a GREAT day at Norwalk today?

excell

Originally posted by Nazi Administrator:

And then race it like a woman because you are afraid to break your rear end? :confused:

No, race it like a Buick and leave on 15psi on slicks.

Wheels up.

... then drive it home, with the A/C on. :D

Originally posted by jallen100:

I can see maybe 20 or 30 miles but Norwalk is a trip. And in my opinion driving 2 hours away and racing all day and trying to drive back is like playing russian roulet.

Why? I do it all the time. :confused:

I can see maybe 20 or 30 miles but Norwalk is a trip. And in my opinion driving 2 hours away and racing all day and trying to drive back is like playing russian roulet.

Norwalk is the best track on the East coast. Two hours is nothing.

Grow a pair.

I think you guys missed what I was saying. I am talking about driving the car you race all the way up there, racing and then driving it home. We trailer our car and we have been racing at Norwalk since the early 90's when it was a shit hole so I do know that it is the best track around. I have no problem with trailering a car anywhere to go racing. I guess when you have a fast car then you really can't drive it that far. We have a 6 second car so I guess this whole driving your race car to the track is kind of new to me. Of course a lot of this stuff is new to me, (the whole import thing and all). Anyway even when we had our Easy Street car that ran 9.40's it got towed to the track. I guess if your car can do it then go for it. I will hopefully be able to do this with my Talon but i would still be a little scetchy about driving it all the way to Norwalk.

Originally posted by kenny:

Norwalk is the best track on the East coast. Two hours is nothing.

Grow a pair.

Grow a pair? C'mon dude you are saying that to the wrong person. Ask Cold Air about me. He has known me for a long time. I will have to take you racing with us sometime so you can see what it is really like.

I think you guys missed what I was saying. I am talking about driving the car you race all the way up there, racing and then driving it home. We trailer our car and we have been racing at Norwalk since the early 90's when it was a shit hole so I do know that it is the best track around. I have no problem with trailering a car anywhere to go racing. I guess when you have a fast car then you really can't drive it that far. We have a 6 second car so I guess this whole driving your race car to the track is kind of new to me. Of course a lot of this stuff is new to me, (the whole import thing and all). Anyway even when we had our Easy Street car that ran 9.40's it got towed to the track. I guess if your car can do it then go for it. I will hopefully be able to do this with my Talon but i would still be a little scetchy about driving it all the way to Norwalk.

I could drive to Cali, beat the shit out of the car and drive home without a worry.

All while getting 24mpg and having the A/C on and running consistent, solid ET's.

Technology is a beautiful thing.

I could drive to Cali, beat the shit out of the car and drive home without a worry.

All while getting 24mpg and having the A/C on and running consistent, solid ET's.

Utah and Nevada, you worry. Trust me.

Well it all depends on what "solid ET's" is.. He's talking about 6 and 9 second cars. It doesn't take much to go wrong to get you stranded... especially when you're talking about cars that are under 10 seconds.

Quick question Kenny. How do you figure you can drive to Cali race all day and then drive back with the A/C on and getting good gas milage when you already broke your shit and did not go any farther then Marion. Sounds to me like the odds are against ya.

When I "broke my shit" I was three hours away from home (Quaker City Raceway). I drove the car home.

Then, to get the car to Akron (another two hours, you know, one of those LONG drives you don't like) I also DROVE it.

That's a total of five hours with broken parts - no trip to Cali, but I think you can see my point.

On top of that, the only reason it broke was due to whoever put the tranny/converter in. It was a non lock converter with a lock-up valve in the tranny, converter ballooned and cracked. That - and it was around three years old with more passes than I even want to attempt to count on it...

I'm in no way saying the car won't break, shit happens.

Odds are against me? Cool - I'll be driving eight hours one way in a few weeks, racing for two days and driving back. I'll put you as the first to call when I need a tow.

I'm sure one of these days it will bite me in the ass and I'll either have to fix the car there, or find some way of getting it home, which is why I'm looking into buying a truck to drag it around with.

Originally posted by SamZman:

Well it all depends on what "solid ET's" is.. He's talking about 6 and 9 second cars. It doesn't take much to go wrong to get you stranded... especially when you're talking about cars that are under 10 seconds.

Solid for my poor ass is 10's. redface.gif

I know of a few cars that run under 10's and could do the same thing as mine. I'm not saying I would drive it to Cali and race it... but I could. ;)

Guest BLACKBIRD99
Originally posted by TurboDuo:

Anyone else get caught in that hellacious rain on the way home ?

There were string of people pulled over waiting it out.

Could barely see in that shit. Hoping everyone with drag radials/slicks got home safe!

Boy I did. I followed my Dad in his C5 back to Columbus. Both of us on drag radials. I about bit it near Mansfield while switching lanes.

Then I watched my Dad's C5 start fishtailing pretty bad for a quick second. He called me a few minutes later saying that traction control saved his ass.

I was so pissed that it rained. I was hoping to get a chance at getting an 11 sec timeslip.