Back on the track(w/ pics finally)

Guest aftermidnight

Guest aftermidnight

Good Morning,

Well, I bought a Dwarf Car and we'll be racing at Shadybowl Speedway in DeGraff, OH. Just wanted to let you know the schedule for the rest of the year. It's powered by a Kawasaki ZX1000 motorcycle engine (135hp) and it has a 5-speed gearbox. The car weighs in at 1200lbs loaded. It's one of the first Phoenix chassis ever produced. At Shadybowl, these cars are capable of speeds in excess of 100mph and they are the fastest cars there.

Here's the rest of this year's events at the bowl. (Usually all of us from the Ohio Valley Dwarf Car Association, OVDCA, have a cookout and such every race)

July 9

August 6

August 27

September 3

September 10

October 1-Season wrap-up, Buckeye Fall Classic.

It was a dirt car so I'm still cleaning all that Virginia Red Clay off of it.....

I'm keeping the car the way it is for the rest of the season so the car will be The Mountain Dew green with a silver #11.

I'm working on some pics today so you all can see it.

[ 22. June 2005, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: aftermidnight ]

Guest aftermidnight

here's some pictures of it when we got it home. still working on it.

http://aftermidnightmotorsports.com/db5/00441/aftermidnightmotorsports.com/_uimages/FrontLeftView.JPG

http://aftermidnightmotorsports.com/db5/00441/aftermidnightmotorsports.com/_uimages/RightSide.JPG

http://aftermidnightmotorsports.com/db5/00441/aftermidnightmotorsports.com/_uimages/ViewofSeat.JPG

Man that thing looks pretty sweet. It reminisent of older stock cars. I used to go to shady bowl as a kid. It has a long history and has been a rough place at times. I guess one time so many people got mad that they threw beer cans over the fence and the owner pushed them off with a road grader. My grandpa was a full time race car mechanic and his car raced there when stock cars looked kind of like that. That track is what 3/10 mile? I know for a while (if not still) it was the fastest track its size in the country.

Guest aftermidnight
Originally posted by martindc1:

Man that thing looks pretty sweet. It reminisent of older stock cars. I used to go to shady bowl as a kid. It has a long history and has been a rough place at times. I guess one time so many people got mad that they threw beer cans over the fence and the owner pushed them off with a road grader. My grandpa was a full time race car mechanic and his car raced there when stock cars looked kind of like that. That track is what 3/10 mile? I know for a while (if not still) it was the fastest track its size in the country.

you are correct...it's a little 3/10 mile track and man is it fast!!! we're turning like mid to low 13 second laps there

Guest aftermidnight
Originally posted by Bgbdbn:

Awesome. Does the car get fenders or does it stay fenderless? What is the top speed of something like that?

they are fenderless. we also run metal bodies as opposed to the legend cars where they have fenders and fiberglass bodies. i had mine out on a certain stretch of road last night and i wanted to see how quick it was through the gears....let's just say 100mph is on the 3/10 mile track, but alot more on an open stretch. my guess is in the top of fifth with a 3.40 rear gear, i was around 135mph....pretty damn fast with my but only an inch off the road...

Guest aftermidnight
Originally posted by 94whitegsr:

awesome car graemlins/thumb.gif ... not a big fan of the green though

yeah, that green isn't really my style but i'll work for the remaining 6 races. i'm re-skinning the car this winter and i plan on having the chassis silver with the body gunmetal with dark blue or something....

Originally posted by aftermidnight:

yeah, that green isn't really my style but i'll work for the remaining 6 races. i'm re-skinning the car this winter and i plan on having the chassis silver with the body gunmetal with dark blue or something....

nice... be sure to post update pics over winter

Guest aftermidnight

by the way 94whitegsr, that avatar is fn halarious, she's fn hot 2. i crack up everytime i see it....

i'll have some pics and or movies of the action hopfully. btw, if i record some racing, i'll need help hosting it.

i had mine out on a certain stretch of road last night and i wanted to see how quick it was through the gears....let's just say 100mph is on the 3/10 mile track, but alot more on an open stretch. my guess is in the top of fifth with a 3.40 rear gear, i was around 135mph....pretty damn fast with my but only an inch off the road...

Where's your test stretch at? Thats my home turf you know. We used to always hit rosedale road but I have been pretty fast on wren, mechanicsburg-catawba, and that road that crosses 187 just past the dairy farm on the bend (BTW where I once lived).

Guest aftermidnight
it was at the end of 187 where the last sharp curve is before you get to 29 if you were going from north from london. i live right there

patrick road has some short shutes to hit(no traffic)

Yeah that is also where all the high school kids go to do many things. Rosedale Road has a long history of racing and stuff. People have been going out there at least since the 50s. I used to practice my launching at every stop sign on Rosedale road to and from Columbus when I was younger. It is so flat that you can see for miles and 90% of the time no one was in sight. Of course I wouldn't do that shit if someone was around because those roads are also nice places to bicycle. Its a completely different way of living out there in that respect. Around here I don't do any "hot-rodding" on the street.

I may have to make a trip up to "The Pit Bull" (old nickname for Shady Bowl) to check out some of your racing. I think you can still see the old track up over the hill from the pits there. It was a dirt track from at least 50 years ago. They have really cleaned that place up since I was little. I remember when I was like 6 they built a "new" bathroom that was a small pole barn that you walked into to find a place to piss on the wall or floor or whereever.

Guest aftermidnight
Originally posted by Lustalbert:

How many clowns can you fit in that thing?

j/k man, looks like it would be a blast to drive. graemlins/thumb.gif

well, it's tight for me (i'm 5'10" 165lbs.) but my professional guess would be 3.7 clowns....(quick disconnect wheel helps and both doors open......hahahaha)

let's just say for example.....take one of the cars from speed's, add about 200lbs, and put a hibusa motor in that biatch and that's what you got....it's definitely a hand-full up at speed....it slides around alot if you're not careful with the el'gaspedol.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aftermidnight
i will have the latest pics tomorrow. i painted it over the holiday weekend. it's starting to look like my kind of racecar. if i get the brakes finished up this week, i'll be running at shadybowl this saturday night. WOO HOO!!!

Guest aftermidnight
here's some shots of the new paint http://aftermidnightmotorsports.com/db5/00441/aftermidnightmotorsports.com/_uimages/LeftFirewallNew.JPGhttp://aftermidnightmotorsports.com/db5/00441/aftermidnightmotorsports.com/_uimages/TrunkPaintNew.JPGhttp://aftermidnightmotorsports.com/db5/00441/aftermidnightmotorsports.com/_uimages/DriversDoorNumber11.JPGhttp://aftermidnightmotorsports.com/db5/00441/aftermidnightmotorsports.com/_uimages/LeftSideNew.JPG