Fox Body Suspension

NOS50

Guest rperry74
BBK and Eibach. Helped install a setup on a buddy's stang in cali and that thing handled sick afterwards. I believe you can get adjustable arms for pinion angle setup, really helps the car leave. But even with subframe connectors your still gonna twist it up with moderate power. Best subframe setup I have seen was an X brace setup, especially if you don't have or don't want a cage to tie the corners together. Otherwise, Edelbrock also makes some pretty good stuff as far as the shocks go. The big question is how are you going to use it most?

I gotta agree..it mostly depends on how you intend to use it. If drag racing, it's hard to look past the lift bars (formerly Southsides....now Jegs..) If you plan to mostly hit the street or autoX and such..it's hard to beat the Maximum Motorsports lowers coupled w/ FRPP uppers (or whatever, really) for getting rid of some of the bind inherent w/ the stock setup... (I'd have the Maximum setup if they still fit my car..almost did before the IRS swap...)

And as far as bracing goes.. you almost can't have too much... Drag racing or Road Racing. Ask me how I know... :( (one could see the sky while looking out the top of the passenger's side window frame of my '89 if it was under power..Tweaked Much?) It just comes down to the added weight... A ChromeMoly cage is a good way to find rigidity and somewhat-lightness at the same time.

Budget really is not that important as the most expensive stuff I see I could buy.I'm not wealthy I just think this stuff is pretty inexpensive.I drive it to work and the strip but I like to run through some curves sometimes.I won't Solo2 it or Track day but I don't wnat to have to crawl around corners.

Originally posted by NOS50:

Budget really is not that important as the most expensive stuff I see I could buy.I'm not wealthy I just think this stuff is pretty inexpensive.

if you want the 'best', $6000 will buy you a set of triple adjustable moton shocks/struts... tongue.gif

anyways, bilstein and koni both sell a good shock. for control arms, i'll second maximum motorsports. quality, track proven parts. i installed a set of their subframe connectors on my '02, and the fit was excellent.

as far as springs, ford racing c springs are hard to beat for the money (~$120). if you're concerned about handling, don't lower the car excessively.

Originally posted by NOS50:

Budget really is not that important as the most expensive stuff I see I could buy.I'm not wealthy I just think this stuff is pretty inexpensive.I drive it to work and the strip but I like to run through some curves sometimes.I won't Solo2 it or Track day but I don't wnat to have to crawl around corners.

Here ya go, if you have the cash this is an excellent system. http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/suspension/5_link.jpg

Steeda 5 link $900

Thanks for the input.I think $6000.00 on a Fox body is kinda silly.I bought the car lowered and I hate it,the front is a little bit lower than the rear so that kills what little traction I can get.I like the Motorsport stuff and have heard good stuff about Steeda and Maximum Motorsports so the decision is still tough.