Mustang People inside Please

Jay 2001 TA

Originally posted by nicktcfcsb:

supercharger

lol, I said basic bolt on mods. A supercharger is a bit more than basic. tongue.gif I allready tried to convince him of that one.

He wants simple mods like Throttle bodie, Pullies ETC.... It is his only car and he racks up the miles on it. The mods will need to be daily driver friendly.

Originally posted by Venomss:

svtperformance.com

Nitrous is relatively cheap, highly effective (i.e., lots of bang for the buck), and only there when you want it to be - so it would be very "daily driver" friendly.

EDIT: buck, not back

Im sorry what did you just say? Must.... stop looking at boobies graemlins/leghump.gif

Nitrous could be fun graemlins/thumb.gif What kind of shot should he run on a stock motor? He is going to want to stay a bit more on the conserative side.

4.10 gear for sure

exhaust would be another good one. LONGTUBE headers, x pipe, and some flowmasters or whatever.

short throw shifter

maybe some lowering springs

steeda timing adjuster

nitrous, nitrous, nitrous

100 shot

jsut be safe, hyperutectic pistons, and a plastic intake manifold = the suxor.

if duing nitrous.. add a fuel pump 255lph walbro, and maybe even get a tune.

thats another good thing he could get.. a tune.. dyno brian could possibly get 20-30 hp out of the car just by a tune.

if he wants to get more serious into the car... PI heads/Cam.. not to bad price wise, jsut the labor to get the stuff on if you cant do it yourself.

Pay no attention to matt.

100hp seems to be a good size shot for the stock motor, however there are people who do more than that. :D

What would I do if I had that car? CAMS! CAMS! CAMS! That valve train is a complete turd! Your friend can pick up a used set of PI cams and a PI intake for relatively cheap off any of the larger mustang sites (corral.net, Modulardepot.com, stangnet.com, stangbangerz.com, etc) you don't HAVE to do the head swap, you'll pick up a LOT of power with the cams and intake alone, but the heads will definately help.

After that: Gears, if it's an auto get a shift kit (J-mod -search the above mentioned sites for more info), Steeda Timing Adjuster, Steeda under drive pullies, Longtubes into an off-road pipe, a nice cat-back.

Nitrous is great bang for the buck for those cars. I ran a regular 100 shot of NX wet on my old 96 GT engine for around 3 years with an occasional 150 shot. If you decide to run the 150, run it with race fuel only and leave the timing at stock.

Those 96-98 GT engines are really hard to make fast. The biggest restriction is the lower manifold and the cams are weak as well.

My real advice would be to sell it and get a 99+ GT or a 96+ Cobra. Much more mod friendly.