I knew better.........pt.2 crappy pics added

nismo

Just alittle update on my little run-in with bad luck here recently. I just finished replacing the LF fender,front bumper cover and corner lights. Now I just need to get the car painted. The front bumper cover is from a P11 Infiniti G20, it fit right up with just alittle trimming required. Yeah I know your thinking "ricer"but, rice not my friend as it has a function! Bigger opening for my IC. I was on track to have the swap done by March 1st but that will now be pushed back a month or two. You know what they say, best things come to those who wait. But why does the wait have to be so damn grueling?

[ 28. January 2005, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Nismo ]

Originally posted by FUPA HATER:

dont leave it alone, i have the same car, i know more people make more horse power on turboed na sr20s then bluebirds.

I have been going back and furth on this issue. I wanted to keep the na motor for a future all-motor project. But since I have had to dip into my swap fund to repair my car I'm probably just going to go with a t28(gtir)kit.

So you have a b14? what have ya done to it?

Originally posted by TurboTANK:

fuck the us sr20. its always better to start with a motor that was built for a turbo..versus one that may make 400 hp for amonth untill it throws a rod.

have to agree with that, logic says that adding a kit to a nonturbo motor you have would be cost effective to a point, maybe 200hp? maybe 250? after that you're gonna have to address the shortcomings that have already been taken care of at the factory for an engine thats meant to be turbocharged.

Originally posted by BiG BeN:

have to agree with that, logic says that adding a kit to a nonturbo motor you have would be cost effective to a point, maybe 200hp? maybe 250? after that you're gonna have to address the shortcomings that have already been taken care of at the factory for an engine thats meant to be turbocharged.

true, but the olny differnce is compression and oil sprayers. Its just easier to not go through the hassle of a swap, and all the other crap.

All of your points make sense, what it comes down to is how far your wanting to push the car. In my case I'm looking to stay around the mid 200hp range in the b14. Not really wanting to make a big hp fwd. Just something to make it alittle more fun to drive and be wallet friendly. So the end result will be a t25 kit. Well at least the UR pullies won't go to waste :D

Originally posted by FUPA HATER:

the trannys suck, and that the truth

Yeah, but haven't the engines been proven to be just as strong as the stock turbo ones? That's just what I've heard, but numerous other people in here seem to think otherwise.

Do the stock n/a one have a knock sensor?

200 hp is that all? its gotta be at least 300 at the wheels to be any fun. make sure u get that tranny welded.

more like around 230-240 I'm thinking. for a daily driver I'll be happy with that. Where would be a good place to have tranny welded and also to tap the block?

jgy customs. i would do it if i knew what to weld, find me some pics and maybe well give it a try.i belive someone saying there was a area on the block thats flat..like it was meant to be tapped but im not sure where that is.

I'll try and find some pics. Yes there is a factory spot for it to be tapped. So you think you can tap it? I really don't want to try myself and I know you have done it before on the bike right.

Originally posted by Neo:

Yeah, but haven't the engines been proven to be just as strong as the stock turbo ones? That's just what I've heard, but numerous other people in here seem to think otherwise.

Do the stock n/a one have a knock sensor?

i had heard that as well. something along the lines of the stock n/a motor being good to up to 400 hp as well?