So hot

Buckeye1647545503

Guest riggs867
Originally posted by 100 RWHP:

$70G ?????

Exactly. At Barret Jackson, that would be a $30K car.

This car was a no rust car.
I remember those cars when they were 5 years old, running around with the seatbelts from the reat seat dragging on the pavement from the rusted through floor-boards. Was this car kept in some sort bubble for 30 years? Those cars rusted on the showroom floor.

Guest riggs867
Originally posted by mesteno:

Add: with documentation.

Also add: In better than new condition.

Granted, if this REALLY is a Boss 429, it is pretty rare. Technically speaking, there were 600ish 68 + 69 Boss 429's. As the 69's were really made in 68. The "no rust car" statement makes me wonder if anything is true in the post.

This car has been driven, and looks it. While anything can happen at an auction, the cars that get the big dollars are new condition & unrestored, or restored to better than new condition w/ matching numbers, documentation, window sticker, the elusive "new" smell, you get what I am saying. What you don't see on TV is the guys crawling around on the ground with mirrors, looking for the "correct" overspray patters, the correct spot welds under the carpet in the trunk, the correct date codes on parts. This is all done in the days before the car gets up on the auction block. Every now and then, someone will get a romantic notion and pay too much for an average car, but generally speaking, car guys are a hard sell. IMHO