Flip-up or Full Face?

demitrix

I ride full face...

I had a nolan flip up: when down, there is no difference...when up, it's akward, and doesn't have many advantages over a full face with flip up shield...and they are usually heavier than their full face counterparts...

So i was just curious who rides with what type of helmet...if you have a flip-up what are the advantages from personal experience youve noted?

How comfortable are you doing a face plant with a flip up at 70mph.. IM NOT no matter what the specs say...

Full face only. Flip ups are heavier, louder, and most of them the chin bars will open upon impact. I have seen many people buy flip ups in the past when I worked on the floor and I have also talked to people that have wrecked in them. Lets just say their next helmet was a full face.

helmets are for squids.

the full face work best as my tail pegs & sliders...actually when you look at my bike from behind the tail and 2 helmets look very similar to what I see when I look down my pants

Holy sheet that's fookin funny yo!! :lol::lol:

aria, shoie, soumy, hjc, there are a few more but I would go with one of those.

I would go with aria above all but that is just me, I love my aria!

atleast spell them correctly if you are giving suggestions;)...it is arai, shoei, suomy, hjc....i have worn all of them and I like shoei the best. Let me know if you are interested in one we have plenty of options in the shoei line in our store that I can help show you.

I probably wouldn't recommend the hjc from my experience. I got one from the dealer when I bought my first bike and I think it's loud on the highway and doesn't have alot of padding/doesn't fit well. I'm going to be upgrading to an arai or a shoei as soon as I can stop spending all my money on bikes!

atleast spell them correctly if you are giving suggestions;)...it is arai, shoei, suomy, hjc....i have worn all of them and I like shoei the best. Let me know if you are interested in one we have plenty of options in the shoei line in our store that I can help show you.

Shoei FTW. I haven't tried Arai, but I know they are top of the line as well.

I probably wouldn't recommend the hjc from my experience. I got one from the dealer when I bought my first bike and I think it's loud on the highway and doesn't have alot of padding/doesn't fit well. I'm going to be upgrading to an arai or a shoei as soon as I can stop spending all my money on bikes!

let me know when you are ready

Scorpion Octane EX400 for me. DOT & SNELL 2005 rated, plenty of padding that can be removed for wash, several vents, antifog quick release shield with detachable nose piece, sharp lookin' with plenty of color options. Quality helmet for a value price. I got mine at the Cleveland International Motorcycle show last year........helmet plus extra shield & bag for $140

They also have a couple higher end models as well.......EX700 & 1000 with the flip down internal sun visor, I believe

i think i am dislexic (i dont even know if i spelled that right:confused:)

thanks for pointing out that i am a idiot.....