gt500

Jackson1647545504

http://fisher.osu.edu/gt500/index.html

(pics taken with cell phone)

Ford came by the college for a presentation and brought (drove down from Michigan, AFIK) a GT500. Intersting car to see really close up.

To me the coolest part was that it was dirty. You could tell they've been driving it a lot on the testing grounds. It had a lot of track tire tar/goo/buildup deeper in the engine compartment.

I really like the new GT's.

About 10 years ago, I got to ride in one of the original GT40 race cars. It was a 1967 model with a Cobra jet motor (428 ci I think), open headers, and weber's right behind your head. A guy who lived next to my parents found the car in a Paris barn (in parts) back in the early 80's and had it restored.

Car was wickedly loud and accelerated like a bullet. graemlins/grin2.gif

Originally posted by buckeye:

that car is bad ass (even though it isn't a sprayed Green F-body :rolleyes: )

What the hell is your problem. Mad that I don't envy your 80's K car?? I've said on here BEFORE that I think the GT500 is a sweet car, just priced higher than it should be; should have been priced to compete directly with the 911 AWD Porsche Turbo. At its price point, it is competing with the Ferrari 360. It may outperform the 360 (hell, so does the 911 Turbo), but I (and many other buyers in this price catagory.....not that I could afford one) would rather own a Ferrari.

But it is a sweet car. It's just too bad they couldn't keep the price down to 100k. That would have hit HARD on the 911 Turbo sales, what few sales Acura can even make on the NSX would have been hurt more, and the Viper would have definately lost a number of sales too. The car is simply priced out of its primary market, which sucks because I'd love to see them on the road on a regular basis.

I saw the same car on Olentangy yesterday. It looked clean when I saw it.. and it did have Michigan MFG plates. I snapped a quick pic w/ my phone:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid140/p93026a35263ed41a0051123e6e983816/f6f558e0.jpg

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

What the hell is your problem. Mad that I don't envy your 80's K car?? I've said on here BEFORE that I think the GT500 is a sweet car, just priced higher than it should be; should have been priced to compete directly with the 911 AWD Porsche Turbo. At its price point, it is competing with the Ferrari 360. It may outperform the 360 (hell, so does the 911 Turbo), but I (and many other buyers in this price catagory.....not that I could afford one) would rather own a Ferrari.

But it is a sweet car. It's just too bad they couldn't keep the price down to 100k. That would have hit HARD on the 911 Turbo sales, what few sales Acura can even make on the NSX would have been hurt more, and the Viper would have definately lost a number of sales too. The car is simply priced out of its primary market, which sucks because I'd love to see them on the road on a regular basis.

Um at $150k there's not another car that can touch it. Not at $200k either. So why does it need to be $100k versus its $134k?

Oh and I read recently that the Brits over at Top Gear, on returning to look at it again later for a second go round quoted as saying it was put together better than the Porsche, as evidenced by the state of the chassis and interior after a couple months of heavy track use, the Porsches (3 of them) all had more squeaks than the production GT. And obviously better than the Ferrari (but then thats not saying much that's like out-qualitying an old Ducati: all sexiness, zero reliability).

I'm guessing you don't like Ford playing in the supercar class. Course, neither did Ferrari 1966 smile.gif

But I absolutely positively agree on hoping it'd be priced lower, I want one.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

What the hell is your problem. Mad that I don't envy your 80's K car??

No my prob is that no matter what people post it is only a matter of posts till you chime in with your "that thing is over priced" or "rubber band tires and clear tail lights...." or what other shit you decide to spout off. Sorry we all don't want to buy a f-body and be like every one else. I don't like neons or clear tail lights but at least most of them have some repect for a nice car when they see it.

Even on the few times you say something good about something posted you quickly follow up with a negitive comment about something on the same car just so it does not appear that you might like it.

Oh and even though my car is one of 750 ever made(unlike the mullet mobile), Yes it is based on a k-car platform and no I don't care if you like it becouse I know you are narrow minded and like only one car.