Mustang guys...

black00ws6

Originally posted by Crocostimpy:

Because they work on and tune the new cobra's all the time rather than have someone around here that has no tuning experience.

I'd like to think that we have just a little tuning experience. ;) We've done around 50 mailorderchips and dynotunes in just last 2 months, mostly modular stuff (some pretty wild modular stuff at that) without any complaints. We've been in business since September (we're like the 3rd SCT dealer/tuner). We're almost always booked 2 weeks in advance.

Be wary of autologic dealers (pauls in cincy). With 4 bank cars they only have access to 2 banks which leads to some interesting tunes (rev limiter issues, fueling issues if you have larger injectors, loading issues leading to incorrect timing, generally bad stuff)

I'm good friends with Ken and the other guys who own Modular depot (the place that purchased Apten)They are good...Though I don't think they have got their dyno in yet (they have only had their shop for a few weeks).

Rob

[ 02. April 2004, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: rl ]

Originally posted by AmysBAD98GT:

I am having mine tuned at Pauls Automotive Engineering in Cincy.. they are great people ask for Tom... Yaaay April 27th is the day the stang will run again....

If your pro-m 80mm meter is cal'd for 42# injectors you are going to peg the crap out of it with 18psi...

Originally posted by Crocostimpy:

Because they work on and tune the new cobra's all the time rather than have someone around here that has no tuning experience.

Hope you weren't referring to us, because if you are, you should do your homework before you blather on about something you don't know about. Here's a little tidbit that you may not know, we also work directly for SCT - I do a lot of things, including all of their documentation and tutorials. And we also travel around and provide training to other SCT dealers, teaching them to use the software, and how to tune a car properly. IMHO, that's a pretty stout qualification, plus there are other things I could list. If you weren't referring to us, then sorry - nevermind.

BTW: Ken and Gene of MD Motorsports/Apten Performance are terrific, they do know what they are doing, and run an honest shop. They are good friends of ours and we recommend people that are around Cinci go to them. But Columbus also has people that know how to tune Mustangs - and we'll soon have software for GM and Chrysler.

Don

http://www.lasotaracing.com

• 3 weeks later...
Guest James C Hensler
I'm letting Don and Rob tune my race car so does that count for anything? Untill something changes they will tune all of Hensler Racing Customer cars.