Uberdata/ Self Tuners?

byhi

Hey I was just wondering of anyone around here has ever tuned with uberdata or ghettodyne or crome or any of the honda self tuners? My girlfriend is learning how so when she turbos her del sol she can obviously tune it. So i'm learning too. Tunning and chipping ecus and everything that goes along with it is another whole different world. I was just hopeing here has done this to their honda, but by no means does she want someone to do this for her. More just chat with someone about it. Thanks.

Originally posted by byhi:

Hey I was just wondering of anyone around here has ever tuned with uberdata or ghettodyne or crome or any of the honda self tuners? My girlfriend is learning how so when she turbos her del sol she can obviously tune it. So i'm learning too. Tunning and chipping ecus and everything that goes along with it is another whole different world. I was just hopeing here has done this to their honda, but by no means does she want someone to do this for her. More just chat with someone about it. Thanks.

I haven't done any hondas, but there are basics that apply and princles for all cars. I've done some Z31s using the burn rom/chip and the romulator. I do work with some ODB1 and ODB2 GM stuff. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or get ahold of me otherwise.

Nate

Guest mudbutt
Uberdata is a great program to get you started. It has a lot of constants that will allow you to get a base map for the injectors,map sensor, timing for boost that is drivable right off the bat. You really need to learn about basic tuning though before you get started. The right tools in the wrong hands is why motors blow and much lower hp levels than the motor will take. There are some great articles on Hondatech that will get you started on the right path. At the very minimum, you need a wideband o2 sensor and a good idea what others are doing for timing on the motor you are using. A dyno is optimum. We've street tuned a few d series on lower boost levels, wsing only a widebadn and checking plugs, being conservative with timing and livberal with fuel, but this is not the best way and wont make the most power but it will get you by.

Guest mudbutt
Originally posted by Ricochet:

AEM standalone > *

Have you actualy tuned on these? why is hondata/uberdata so inferior? Is it lack of datalogging? Nope, got that. Lack of real time tuning? Got that too. Full control over ignition and timing maps? nope got that too for both high and low cam on vtec apps.

thanks for the info mud butt ill be pming you soon for more info. She and i have been doing lots of research and trying to understand everything. I just wanted to talk to someone who actually has knowledge on it from around here rather than only through forums. Thanks alot and ill be in touch.

yea this whole thing is defenetly not going to be half assed. we are doing wideband etc. to make sure everything is cool. thanks for the clubsi referall ill have to check that out. And i completly agree with you about ohio hondas and honda tech, i didn't even try posting there.

I'm just tryin to find someone to talk to face to face, like i said above, who actually knows what they are talking about to make sure we everyting correct and some pointers on how to go about things. Thanks for all the quick replies and real answers.

Guest mudbutt
You still make it sound like you are limited by using a chipped ecu "all you want to do is change fuel and timing" what else do you expect to do. You can also do 2 step rev limiter for launch control and full throttle shifts, map scaling, boost scaling, and injector compensation. short of 2 stage injection, COP or autotune(which doesnt even work that well) I dont see what else you would want. When cars are making over 500hp on uberdata/hondata setups, I dont see what the disadvantage is. Sure for a full race setup a standalone will give you a bit more, but in both threads where you tout the superiority of aem, the person has a mild setup that comes nowhere NEAR needing the options that a $1500+ standalone can give them. especially when you could do an uberdatasetup with emulation and datalogging for under $500 and that is if you bought your own emulator, burner and nokia cable, all of which you wouldnt have to buy for a 1 time tune. If you factored in tuning, you could basicly have uberdata done for free compared to aem + cost of tuning itself. I know a few people, including myself who do both. Cost of tuning for 2 similar setups will be the same. About the only thing the uberdata person has to buy over the time to tune, is the service of socketing the ecu~$100 much less than the cost of a standalone. Either can do a GREAT job of blowing the car up in the wrong hands, just one does it for a lot less money.