Hook up on refilling the A/C?

Buck531

Good luck on the 'hook-up', being that freon went up double the price. Honestly go to Meijer and get the DIY kit. Check to see if it's R134 or R12, I doubt they'd have R12 there $$$. Just be sure to hook it up on your low-pressure side. It's the blue capped AC line.

If you have R12 you can take your car to about any shop and have them remove the old Freon out of the system usually for free. At $32 a pound they'll be happy to get it. Then go to Walmart or Autozone and get the DYI 134A kit for $30. I got the one with the gauge and have filled at least a dozen cars so far.

Originally posted by RX7dood:

is there anyone on here that can drain an AC system of freon for free? i need to drain mine so i can change the compressor and put 134a in there...

There's the "not Ozone friendly" way to empty it..... But to be politically correct I have to say that I don't reccommend doing it that way. The EPA gets their panties in a bunch when they hear of it happening..... I have a buddy that just emptied his R12 into the air and filled back up with 134A.