Colorado SS

tandm

Originally posted by Gas, Grass, or Ass:

damn finaly after years of people stuffing smallblocks into s-10's gm finally decides to offer it as a factory option

this is nots GMs first go around with putting a SBC in a s10 they had a couple of concpects back in the 90s the one i remember the most was a 4 door dually s-10 tha had a 400 in it (if i remeber correctly)

I really doubt that GM would put a V8 into a production model of their small truck. I do, however, have a Truckin' magazine sitting around here where the GM team that built the saturn for high speed runs at the Bonneville Salt Flats took a Colorado and turbo'd it for their tow vehicle. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they would go with instead for a sport model.

I WANT ONE!!!!

but did anyone get this part?

"In the hallowed tradition of SS-badged Chevrolets such as the Chevelle, Camaro, and awesome 1990-93 454 SS Sport Truck,"

stop right there, the 454 1500 pickup sucked, it was still a truck motor.

Unfortunatly IMO it was the worst of all SS badged vehicles.

Guest stealthy01ta

LS2 6.0L V-8 with 400 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. torque

Holy shit! I looked at buying a Colorado but decided I didn't want an I-5 engine...a 6.0L v8 would definately get my attetion.

Originally posted by smokinHawk:

now if they could just turbo that beast.

what does the colorado weigh? would it compete with the dodge ram srt? 500horses?

AWD would be cool too.

It competes with the Dakota, not the Ram

I couldn't even begin to guess the actual weight though.

Originally posted by smokinHawk:

AWD would be cool too.

NO! That's one of the biggest mistakes GM made with the Silverado SS! The AWD system is heavy and makes for even more drivetrain loss.

This truck needs to at least be offered in regular cab short box configuration, but personally, I'd prob be most interested in the ext. cab just because of the limited interior space in a reg. cab midsize truck. (Not that I could afford to buy one anytime soon anyway :rolleyes: )

Originally posted by CR Caddy:

It seems to me that GM is poised to stomp on Ford now the same way Ford stomped on GM with the demise of the Fullsize rear drive platform and F-bodys. Ford really capitalized on that with the Mustangs and Crown Vics. Maybe GM can do it back.

I don't understand what they did. IMO Ford's dropped the ball. But for capitalizing saleswise they were outselling both all along: Mustang over f-bod combined sales, crown vic over impala.

But in the absense of competition they go and axe SVT - irritating Ford edict: "Lets build the least performance we can that'll still sell. Oh competition gone? Lets nueter everything we got."

And trucks? Well remember Ford pretty much has a lock on the truck sector. Hell they sell more f-series trucks than say Toyota sells of their, well, everything.

Ford in 2003 sold 2,090,250 f-series trucks. Thats more than Toyota's total sales of all models at 1,866,314 cars and trucks. Its also more than all the other truck sales of all other makers combined.

And then they go and axe the SVT Lightning? Arrrggg.

[ 05. November 2004, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Mowgli ]

I've heard GM was planning on putting one of the smaller V8's in the Colorado (whatever will be the new equivalent of the 4.8L V8). But an LS2....oh boy. With that weight of truck, I'd say it wouldn't have any problem w/ the SRT-10.

Hell, give it AWD and call it the next Syclone. :D