N/A 300z motor into a 240sx?

Veritas

Anyone ever heard of this being done? Getting the motor for my girls 240, and Im needing to get either the stock KA motor or im putting in this silly 300z motor that's being given to me because of the motor being blown in the car that we have now. If anyone has any suggestions or something let me know, motor comes with tranni also.

T.c.

the 300zx motors seem to be rather troublesome. Stick with a KA, you can pick them up all over the place for cheap, and they are rather reliable. The the trouble you would go through of rewiring the car, putting in motor mounts and swapping the bellhousing, you won't really be seeing enough power gains to make up for it.

yeah true that but i would be getting the engine for just under one hundred. that's the only reason why i was even mentioning it

so 240's themselves are sitting at uwrench it, or the engines are? cause i don't have any of my tools to take the engine out of a car currently:(

Guest Ranger_Man
Originally posted by SwimmingBird:

ever see how tightly those things fit in the crs that they were designed for? This is a project I personaly wouldn't undertake. Needlessly complex engines in tight spaces dont make for happy people. smile.gif

that motor actually fits better in 240s. more room in the engine bay. however, id still recommend against the swap because there are *very* few good v6 engines out there. the vg30de is not one of the good ones.

Originally posted by Veritas:

yeah true that but i would be getting the engine for just under one hundred. that's the only reason why i was even mentioning it

so 240's themselves are sitting at uwrench it, or the engines are? cause i don't have any of my tools to take the engine out of a car currently:(

Cars, with or without the motors still in, sorry

There's an s12 (I think, it was the squared-off late 80s 240 at any rate) sitting in a junkyard up near Toledo with a 300 N/A motor in it. I couldn't even tell if they had completed the project, the wiring certainly wasn't done properly. Looked like a decent fit, there was an easy 2-3 inches between the motor and the shock towers.

Originally posted by boosted1.6:

I have a motor out of an 89 if you are interested. Also have a tranny, extra head, and other misc. engine parts.

Would you happen to have any body parts? A friend of mine is in need of a hood, driver side fender, and the top part of the flip-up head lights for both sides. It had something to do with going underneath a van I believe :eek:

Originally posted by copperhead:

Would you happen to have any body parts? A friend of mine is in need of a hood, driver side fender, and the top part of the flip-up head lights for both sides. It had something to do with going underneath a van I believe :eek:

Actually the car I bought looks like it had the same problem. I don't have any extra body parts laying around though, sorry.

Originally posted by hugeburnbruck:

i was @ u wrench it on sat the 25 and there was a full ka motor in the yard

might still be there if you hurry

if it's the one near the entrance laying on the ground....that one is a FWD out of an altima.

and the s12 that someone saw was probably a vg30e single cammer.there was an option for that as well as the vg30et.