In car at La Rue, 11.91 @ 127.81

Sam1647545489

No need from a massive burnout, I just got done making a pass before that one. Tires were still warm, I just wanted to clean them.

That track guy was making fun of my reaction time all night. I didnt care about reaction since I wasnt racing anyone on the other lane.

Originally posted by MSTR-TRQ:

No need from a massive burnout, I just got done making a pass before that one. Tires were still warm, I just wanted to clean them.

That track guy was making fun of my reaction time all night. I didnt care about reaction since I wasnt racing anyone on the other lane.

after posting that, i figured that was what was going on.

If the guy got annoying, just ask him if he wants to go from a 40 roll :D

Guest Ponyfreak

If you put any more power to the ground you will be out of gear.

Now you know what the car will do at a shitty track, go to Norwalk and get some decent times.

Originally posted by MSTR-TRQ:

I think when the cam goes in, I will prolly be in 5th gear at the end of the traps. I might go ahead and buy a 3.90 gear or 4.10. Gonna see how it does with the stocker 3.42 first.

Nice trap speed Sam. :cool: With all that torque you'll probably want to stay with the 3.42's.

Guest Ponyfreak

I'd slap a 3.27 in there instead of a lower gear and still stay in 4th the entire 1320. You could probably spray a little sooner, not loost traction as easily in 1st/2nd which will lower your ET, raise your MPH at mediocre tracks with drag radials and the spray.

You know you are going to increase the shot after a while, so unless you plan on running slicks on the street or just like killing the tires at a 60mph roll I'd rethink the lower gear swap. 700+rwtq does not work well with any street tire.

Not to mention you could save a little gas around town.

I actaully prefered the taller gearing over the lower gears during rolling street races.

The problem with the G5X-3 cam (I think that's what he has) is that it loses a good bit of bottom end power. His gear situation seems to be sort of a catch 22. On one hand, the lower gearing would help you when running N/A but would probably create a smokefest when spraying. I do believe LGM recommends a minimum of 4.10's for that cam. Or maybe that was Thunder Racing that recommended that for their

T-ReX cam (the one I had). They're pretty similar cams. Either way, that car is fast as shit.

150 shot is for kids. I will be uping it for the cam. Austin is correct, I do got the G5X-3 cam which has some crazy lift on a 114lsa. This cam is goin to make a shitton of torque on spray. I really dont care about n/a numbers since when I race, it is usually on spray. I am hoping to make 730+ rwtq with this cam. Goodbye stock clutch..

Guest BLUE BY U
Originally posted by gearhead559:

he dont have shit 4 me you might

blue raced my dudes yellow gt there both slow ass cars why bother wasting my gas...

what a fucking joke, you think you can outrun my daily driver with a 90 notch back mustang on tires with a 460 :rolleyes: geees i would hope so, how bout this we can drive to norwalk (cars no trailers) do an average on the drive time to and from. make three track passes and see who wins. not to mention i gave you a race you have yet to accept it, yet you still run your mouth on the internet. so atleast out run the car you say you can before bragging about it.