Can anyone scan my cobra?

black00ws6

I blew my fuel pressure sensor the other day which caused a nasty misfire when the car was at idle. Guys on the ford forums said once the sensor was replaced, reset the pcm, change the oil and it should be fixed.. Well it's still missing after the car warms up, I can be at a light and it will dip down to about 400rpm, then back up to 1000, etc, etc. No engine light, but the car is definately missing. Just wanted to see if any codes have been thrown.

Originally posted by Blowzilla:

When it first blew, I hit the rev limiter which blew it. I replaced the sensor, took it out and got about 12lbs of boost but didnt hit the limiter, I come up to the light and it started to miss again.

Uhhh, explain what you mean by "blow". The fuel rail pressure sensors sometimes fails on boosted (or in cobra's cases overly boosted) cars, something like hitting a rev limited won't cause them to fail, when they fail they just break the little diaphram inside and cause the car to not run at all in most cases (rail pressure goes WAY up or WAY down to the point where the car wont run) because on NA cars they arent meant to handle boost, and on 03's they have a limit as to how much they can handle. Hitting the rev limiter and aquiring a miss would have me looking at other things then the fuel rail pressure sensor.

I'm just going by what symptons I had when it first started missing. The car would be at a light, the rpm's would drop to around 400, miss, then go back up to normal idle. Then back down, etc.. Also, the oil smelled of gas. All of this started after I put on a new ported tb and plenum.

I'm just going by what symptons I had when it first started missing. The car would be at a light, the rpm's would drop to around 400, miss, then go back up to normal idle. Then back down, etc.. Also, the oil smelled of gas. All of this started after I put on a new ported tb and plenum.

Check for vacuum leaks, generally when the FRPS goes bad the car wont run at all.

If you can wait untill this weekend you can swing by our shop in delaware and I'll look at it with a raptor for you.

nvm