C43 AMG

04r1

Anyone know about these cars? The good and bad? I know they are 305hp 305tq V8 in a small 4 door and I like smile.gif Just wondering if they have any major problems to look out for because im sure they are not cheap to fix.

i just picked up a C32 AMG, and so far i like it, it's a very refined automobile. service and parts are about on par with an Audi/BMW...well except for performance parts, those are just outrageous, but what good is a "stock" car? tongue.gif

check out http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/index.php

might be able to answer a few questions.

Is this a new car or old car? C43 doesn't ring a bell and I was previously looking at the current body AMG C Class Benz's. The C32 was a supercharged V6 (350hp) which was replaced by the C55 (360hp) which is has a strong V8 in it...but I've never heard of a C43.

Originally posted by The Stig:

Look up TSBs on google. These are ~$35,000 cars that are compiled of about two hundred $1000 parts, and inumerable parts of varying price. Do the math. tongue.gif

So you are saying that I should buy one and part it out? 200 parts, $1000 a part so 200 X 1000=200,000 $200,000 car for $35,000. Sounds like a heck of a deal.

CJ ;)

Originally posted by vitaminCJ:

So you are saying that I should buy one and part it out? 200 parts, $1000 a part so 200 X 1000=200,000 $200,000 car for $35,000. Sounds like a heck of a deal.

CJ ;)

If it happens to be full of factory new parts, ya sure can. ;)

Actualy, everyone pretty much knows that a car is worth more parted out then as a whole. The hardest part is finding buyers.

The c43 is a very potent car. Neon sized car with a v8. But its not cheap to fix i worked at a benz dealer ship when this car came out and had the pleasure of driving one. I feel its a tad overated price wise. 35g will get you a g35X with ohio weather is a much better Sedan

I hate Mercedes vehicles.I worked at a Mercedes Dealership also and made good money off of them breaking down all the time.They are HIGH maintenance vehicles.I have also parted out a couple of older Toyota pickups and made a LOT more money than selling them whole.

Weird. I actually test drove a 99 C34 AMG today at Jack Maxton used cars. It's silver w/ 80k on it, they are asking 17k. OMG did that thing scoot, it was soo fucking beautiful! Yeah if I wasn't scared about maintence, I would've bought it right then and there.

Originally posted by BAM6I4:

Weird. I actually test drove a 99 C34 AMG today at Jack Maxton used cars. It's silver w/ 80k on it, they are asking 17k. OMG did that thing scoot, it was soo fucking beautiful! Yeah if I wasn't scared about maintence, I would've bought it right then and there.

Thats the same car i looked at smile.gif