My dad's van is past the 300k mark, think he can get anything out of GM for it??

Nitrousbird

My dad has a 93 GMC Safari he ordered brand new. 307k on the original motor AND tranny (dead serious; this thing has not had anything overly significant go wrong with it). My brother now daily drives it, and even though it is a POS now it still runs. I took it for a drive today and it still runs strong w/ good oil pressure and everything. Wish the 4.3 in my Jimmy was the tank motor this thing has. :(

We have heard rumors that GM has been known to give discounts on new vehicles when you send them info on your 300k+ vehicles. My dad has an 84 S-10 he ordered new that died a couple years ago w/ about 300k even on it. I'm sure he would be interested in any discount he might be able to get, as he has owned nothing but GM his entire life.

Anyone else hear of getting discounts for sending in info on extreme high mileage vehicles??

Originally posted by Skidmark:

Honda traded a guy's 500k '91 Prelude for a new one in 1999. Maybe 300k to GM is like a million on a reliable Honda, like doggy miles? lol.. I'd check it out at a dealer, worst they'd say is no.

The LOL part is reliable Honda. This van isn't done at 307k, that's for sure. My brother thinks he can get it to the 400k mark.....and I don't doubt it. This van wasn't a "drive a ton of highway miles every day" vehicle, rather just a normal family daily driver.

I may try e-mailing someone at GM, as dealers are retards and don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.