Indy 500

Guest powers

Guest powers

Well i am heading to the Indy 500 for the first time and just wanted to ask some of you who have been before if there is anything that in piticular that I should check out while I am there.

graemlins/burnout.gif

Check out Broad Ripple - a cool section of town (which is more centrally located than Speedway), with lots of clubs, taverns, and so forth.

Also, if you are staying in a motel, a general rule of thumb is to stay above 38th street - anything north of there tends to be okay, anything south of there tends to be a little shady.

Guest powers
Originally posted by Rally Red Evo:

Really don't give a crap about that event.

well how about this

you just keep your mouth shut and quit being a total ass hat.

Guest powers
Originally posted by Neo:

He was voicing his opinion. I pretty much said the same thing but in a more indirect way.

well if that's how it works then I am voicing MY opinion. I would have to think that most people would agree that the post was stupid and deserved a stupid reply

Originally posted by BIG PAPA:

well if that's how it works then I am voicing MY opinion. I would have to think that most people would agree that the post was stupid and deserved a stupid reply

So then you are both voicing your opinion?

I don't see the problem.

Are you aware of what's happened in open wheel racing over the last 10 years in the states? It has made a lot of people who enjoy real racing, like Rally Red Evo, very very mad and rightfully so. Maybe he could have been more tactufl, but was probably holding back when he posted that.

Originally posted by BIG PAPA:

I believe I spoke for the majority of people on this site with regards to that event. Open wheel racing in the US has fallen drastically over the last decade. One major reason why is Tony George along with the poor management of other open wheel series.

Guest Tony_K

Big Papa - no one called you an "asshat" or told you to "shut your mouth." No one directed anything at you that deserved a remark like yours. The negativity was directed at Tony George and the IRL. Use some tact and don't blatantly verbally assault people when you post.

And yes, the Indy 500 is an insipid shadow of its former self. Your money is much better spent at a sprint car race.

I'm sure you are aware of what has heppened in open wheel racing in this country in the past ten years. To make an Indy 500 post and not expect to hear disdain for it here is like making an "I love fart cans" post and not expect to be flamed. tongue.gif

most people on this board dont know whats happened to open wheel racing over the past ten years. Why? Because 10 years ago they were more worried about learning to walk and speak in full sentences.....some people have yet to master that last part. tongue.gif

SCCA Runoffs > IRL 500

Guest Tony_K

I think Eric is doing fairly well with simple subject/verb sentences and even adjective and adverbial clauses and prepositional phrases.

Spelling and punctuation are the real issue with him... ;)

Guest powers
Originally posted by Tony_K:

Big Papa - no one called you an "asshat" or told you to "shut your mouth." No one directed anything at you that deserved a remark like yours. The negativity was directed at Tony George and the IRL. Use some tact and don't blatantly verbally assault people when you post.

And yes, the Indy 500 is an insipid shadow of its former self. Your money is much better spent at a sprint car race.

I'm sure you are aware of what has heppened in open wheel racing in this country in the past ten years. To make an Indy 500 post and not expect to hear disdain for it here is like making an "I love fart cans" post and not expect to be flamed. tongue.gif

I asked for advice from people who have been, and what if anything I should check out while there. that's it.

The post was useless in what I was tring to acheve in my original post. I didn't ask for opinions but you know what I guess i got them. He didn't ask to be called a name but he also got that. Guess that makes us even.

The title of the thread made clear the topic. If you get that upset about this subject matter just let it go and move on to the next thread.

and lastly

I don't care if you hate the IRL500. I went with my wife and I had a good time and will be returning next year. If that makes you feel uneasy you have a serious problem.

I'm sure the other 400,000 people in attendance also felt like it was a waste of time :rolleyes: