Just bought another Corolla!

Guest visualpoet

Guest visualpoet

I now have my 91 DX (American built, 5afe swap, some interior mods, some underhood tweaking), the wife's 92 DX (Japanese built, runs great, but starts falling behind mine after 20 mph :D ) and the newest addition to the visualpoet livery: a 1989 Corolla SR5. (also Japanese built)

pics and a little background are here:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/349426/7

I can do this swap:

ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS

»Engine Code: 4AGE

»Year:90

»Valve train: 4cyl 20valves

»Transmission: Hydraulic

»Displacement:

»Horsepower: 185Hp

»Competitor's Price:$800USD

»Your Price:$650USD

Or I can do this swap:

»Engine Code: 4AGZE

»Year:90

»Valve train: 4cyl

»Transmission:Hydraulic

»Displacement: 1.6L

»Horsepower:

»Competitor's Price:$900USD

»Your Price:$700USD

BOTH SWAPs INCLUDES

»Motor

»ECU

»5-Speed Transmission

»Distributor

»Intake Manifold

»Alternator

»A/C Power Steering Pump

»All Working Sensors

I'm not positive on the 4agze HP, but I'm thinking it's 175? Prices on both include shipping. It'll be a couple of months before I can afford either one, but that gives me plenty of time to get the old crap out from under the hood, degrease the hell out of it and do any under hood cosmetic work I want to.

Guest visualpoet
Originally posted by Mud Butt:

junk yard 7afe block. 4agze head and pistons,turbo, gze engine managment untill you can do standalone smile.gif

Hmmmm, that's a thought. I'm really leaning towards the blacktop though. I've got enough to do to the coupe to make it nice, I'm not looking to build an engine too, but once the coupe is done, I might think about building one for the sedan. Nothing like having two sleepers! lol

Guest visualpoet
Yep, three in, two out. The 20v inlet manifold has a seperate throttle butterfly for each cylinder. As far as the headlights go: definitely. The bodywork will be almost last. I'll fix the rust, maybe lay a couple coats of spray can across her to keep her from rusting out anymore, then it's all drivetrain, suspension, interior, then the finish for the body.

Guest visualpoet
They'd butcher it. It would probably take me longer to fix what they did, than to do it myself! lol, maybe I could get them to do my sedan, then roll down Cleveland Avenue a few times with a for sale sign in the window!