2002 WRX

golf2001gti

Guest ImprezaWRX

get an up pipe and a down pipe. Turbo will spool up faster and they will add 30+ WHP for only about $450-$500.

EDIT: Also a Utec or Access Port can add lots of HP for not much $.

Cobb tunning Stage 2.5. ECU flash, Up-pipe, downpipe/midpipe, Cat back exaust, Larger turbo (IHI VF34), STI Pink injectors, Walbro Fuel pump= around 300 hp to the ground. Cost=$3000 if you do the labor yourself. Disclaimer - this will bust your transmission if you thrash on it.

[ 14. July 2004, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: WRallyBlue02 ]

do yourself a favor and get suspension too. This car is made for everything other than a drag car, so please be more worried about how it will handle than how fast you can make it.So with 3000.00 I would get jic suspension, with some motor and tranny mounts, huge rear sway bar, good brakes, then start playing with upipe and down pipe.

my .02

Originally posted by WRC STYL:

do yourself a favor and get suspension too. This car is made for everything other than a drag car, so please be more worried about how it will handle than how fast you can make it.

+1

Originally posted by golf2001gti:

Traded the car this weekend, got a Blue 2002 WRX with 13k miles.

Congrats.

I'm going to offer a counter argument for a few peoples suggestions in this thread. A few people said to not worry about power and do suspension. I would say this would be a bad choice for a car you are going to drive every day as it already handles very well. Going all out on the suspension will make the car ride very harsh and be 'tweaky', that's not something, that although fun, you don't want to drive on a regular basis.

I can't offer any suggestions, as I do not know too much about the power upgrades for those cars but it looks like others had some good suggestions in this thread. That's just my opinion on what I would not do to that car.

Good luck with the car, hope you found your Golf a good home, it was (is) a very cool car.

Guest ImprezaWRX
Originally posted by Neo:

Congrats.

I'm going to offer a counter argument for a few peoples suggestions in this thread. A few people said to not worry about power and do suspension. I would say this would be a bad choice for a car you are going to drive every day as it already handles very well. Going all out on the suspension will make the car ride very harsh and be 'tweaky', that's not something, that although fun, you don't want to drive on a regular basis.

+1

Originally posted by SilverEvo8owner:

Stop by Quantum Racing sometime.

www.quantum-racing.com

There are several customers on here as well.

Hey I was just wondering, I hit something last weekend with my wifes 03 WRX(gofer, raccoon, monitor lizzard, whatever) and I need to buy a new bumper cover. I was wondering if you guys paint? And if you do what might a ballpark figure be? ALl I need done is the paint I can hang it myself. I would rather give you my business than some insurance driven bodyshop close to me. If you wish to contact me: bbotte@insight.rr.com