Bike at the shop

RS69

I took my bike to my friend's shop and I should be getting it back around 2-3 weeks. I havent rode my bike in 6 years and the carbs are gum'd up. I have too many things going on, so i farmed the V-4 work out. I am getting the carbs clean'ed/rebuilt and a new rear tire and all fluids changed. I cant wait until June....

• 2 weeks later...

My bike is ready. I will pick it either Friday or Saturday. I will find some time this weekend to clean/wax it up and hopefully on Monday hit the BMV to get a plate and I will be riding again..

I like my cars, but the bike is a whole different thing.

Originally posted by Chad is Dead:

Why havent you rode in so long?

I have a 6 year boy and a 5 year old girl( 15 months apart). I have been busy with the kids. It was tough in the beginning with both kids, between balancing raising a family, work and running a family business, I couldn't find the time for several of my hobbies, so I stored the bike with several of my other cars.

Last year, I was about ready to get back into the bike thing, but my wife's cousin killed himself last year in Gahanna on his CBR trying to outrun the Gahanna police.

That brings me up to this year, with gasoline being expensive as it has been, I decided to do my part by conserving fuel(as least offset what I burn in the vette).

I am planning to hit the bike nights, etc. My brother and several friends have multiple bikes, my brother has some rare Ducati 998 Mono and one of my good friends has over 100 motorcycles (most are in excellent condition and the others are restored) so I will be out on the old Intercepter.

[ 16. May 2005, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Just a Cruiser ]