Several Questions.

Crash1647545504

Ok where to start?

Well I plan on going to trails on their next open Test & Tune day, and I really don't know how to properly launch this bike. Whats a good RPM to leave at, and what are the best shift points for this bike. Redline is 14.5K and the most power comes around 7.5k up to around 11-12k.

What Nitrous kits are out there for this bike? The only one I have found is a Direct port NX kit. Is that my only choice since it is a 4 cyl carbed motor?

I am looking for more power up top without losing anything down low. The bike is already jetted, Stage 1 dynojet kit, and has been tuned (from what I was told). It also already has a full Micron exaust. I have been thinking about individual filters but I figure I would only lose power from restricting the ram air. are Cams an option?

This bike is only a 600, so I would like to avoid lowering, stretching, and nitrous (if there are other options to all around power).

I also relize the obvious path would be to upgrade to a larger cc bike, but I financed this bike and I have 2 1/2 years left on it. I do not wish to pay it off eirly because this is my first option to building my credit. I just want more power.

go down 2 in the front sprocket, get a strap for the front and learn to launch.

there really isnt much else to do besides get a better set of carbs, some cams, or somethign along those lines, BUT there isnt much for your bike out there. mostly jsut zx10, 11, 12. busas and R1s

Leave however quickly you can. Practice. It might scare you to take off and hammer 1st gear ride away. (Im unsure of your riding abilities)

You shouldnt have any problems at all going full-wide open throttle through 1st gear on your 600. I use to do it on the same bike all the time.

My best time was 11.4@121mph on my ZX6R. I only made probably 3 passes down a track with it.

Any other power mods would be a waste on a 600 honestly, you wont be able to keep squeezing tons of power out of it. Just keep what you have for now and ride it then get something else another time.

Coke,

I would try practice, practice, and more practice before you do anything to the bike. It is pointless for you to add more power or make changes to a bike that you aren't getting 100% out of anyway.

Once you are at least getting within 1/2 a second of the published times for your machine then I would maybe try a few things.

The easiest and cheapest mod for the 1/4-mile would be to lower the bike. Get a $15 strap for the front and some $20 links for the rear. That should get your 60' where it should be and you should be in the 10's pretty easy.

Otherwise, you can mix up the sprockets but 2-down on the front is a bad idea. Not enough sprocket wrap and it will be to wheelie prone. I would try -1 tooth on the front just to see if you like it. If your improving, you might swap out the rear sprocket +1 or +2.

You are still better off just learning to ride and then slamming it for the 1/4-mile track only. You can always raise it back up (10-minutes) and it's cheap. The best mods for the money if your straight line racing.

Otherwise save your money until your ready for a bigger bike. For what it would cost to Turbo a 600cc bike or even do serious engine mods, you could just get a much bigger, badder, faster bike! Plus what are you going to do when you blow it up with spray???

Originally posted by Got-Busa?:

Coke,

I would try practice, practice, and more practice before you do anything to the bike. It is pointless for you to add more power or make changes to a bike that you aren't getting 100% out of anyway.

Once you are at least getting within 1/2 a second of the published times for your machine then I would maybe try a few things.

The easiest and cheapest mod for the 1/4-mile would be to lower the bike. Get a $15 strap for the front and some $20 links for the rear. That should get your 60' where it should be and you should be in the 10's pretty easy.

Otherwise, you can mix up the sprockets but 2-down on the front is a bad idea. Not enough sprocket wrap and it will be to wheelie prone. I would try -1 tooth on the front just to see if you like it. If your improving, you might swap out the rear sprocket +1 or +2.

You are still better off just learning to ride and then slamming it for the 1/4-mile track only. You can always raise it back up (10-minutes) and it's cheap. The best mods for the money if your straight line racing.

Otherwise save your money until your ready for a bigger bike. For what it would cost to Turbo a 600cc bike or even do serious engine mods, you could just get a much bigger, badder, faster bike! Plus what are you going to do when you blow it up with spray???

I'll bet if you practice like Josh says, you'll probably outrun guys that haven't practiced and have thrown a boatload of money at their bikes.